Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 kfx 700 and on my last trip out it had a hard time starting up. It would take about 5 mins for it to finally get running. Today I thought to change the spark plugs and the fuel and air filters and yet still nothing. Is there anything else I would be able to do?

·
Registered
2,926 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
damn--I was almost shure---

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I still say valves or poor engine compression caused by something else. If it was a bad cdi it would not of been hard starting and then started.
Dirty carb will usually start just won't run good.

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
I still say valves or poor engine compression caused by something else. If it was a bad cdi it would not of been hard starting and then started.
Same thing with the valves; if it had been starting good, then suddenly won't start, then it's probably not the valve adjustment.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
But he said it was hard starting the last time out.

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
I see what you mean, but he implied that it had been running good, and the last trip out it took 5 minutes to get it started, and now he's replaced more parts and it won't start at all. You could be right on the compression; I have a friend with a P700 and he was never known for spending much time on preventitive maintenance. He was running a K&N air filter that he "forgot" to oil the last time he supposedly cleaned it. We went for a long ride on one of the dustiest days of the year. He didn't make it back to the trailer; it lost so much compression from worn rings and cylinders that it wouldn't start.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
stuck chokes?check the plungers,make sure they are free of debris

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
When my battery was on the fritz, it would crank over more than before, before starting. Put a jump on it and fired right up. Would be fine for a day, then go back to the extended cranking issue. Try jump starting it to see if it makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
Same thing with the valves; if it had been starting good, then suddenly won't start, then it's probably not the valve adjustment.

Our last trip to St Anthony we went to sleep all V's running good

Went to sleep woke up the next morning 2 of the V's would not start

Both needed valve adjustment :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts