Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am thinking of getting 30" gorilla silverback tires on my brute 750 '08, just for muddin, should i get same size front and rear ore have it skinnyer on the front? also is 2" lift kit enough?

·
Registered
164 Posts
If your gonna trail ride, I would go with wides on the back and skinnies on the front. It's alot better ride.. If you're gonna do any mudbogging (racing) I would suggest skinnies all the way around, and maybe a set of crushlocks.. 2" lift should be plenty..

·
Registered
97 Posts
What are "crushlocks?

·
Registered
402 Posts
2" is good.personally i like the look of the same size on all 4.30x11x14.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
What are "crushlocks?
They are exactly what they sound like. Beadlocks that crush the tire from say 6" wide to maybe 3" wide. I think they look stupid but I guess they work grate for the mudbogging guys.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for this info, do someone have pics of his brute with skinneis allaround? i was thinkin of getting 8" wide wheels both front and rear, maybe thats not so good idea
am only going to use this set for playing in the mud
have anothers set for trail ride

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
skinnies all the way around for mudding. for trails and soft sand wides one the rear.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ran 28x10x12 super swamper edl's all the way around trail riding and mudding on 660 grizzly with a big bore kit and clutch kit only problem I had was the front tire found a stump while WFO in the mud, broke the axle on my brute I still run the same tire and never been stuck. It is a deeper lug than the outlaw, but dosent have the side bite the outlaw has but is alot cheaper and lighter than the outlaw

·
Registered
164 Posts
I ran 28x10x12 super swamper edl's all the way around trail riding and mudding on 660 grizzly with a big bore kit and clutch kit only problem I had was the front tire found a stump while WFO in the mud, broke the axle on my brute I still run the same tire and never been stuck. It is a deeper lug than the outlaw, but dosent have the side bite the outlaw has but is alot cheaper and lighter than the outlaw
If you have never been stuck, then you're not playing in deep enough mud !! LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts