Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, i've been going around playing in the snow in 2wd but when i get stuck i need to put it in 4wd, but, most times i need to give it enough throtle so it can start moving, so i get a big "clunk" when it ingages, can that end up dammaging something, i mean i'm not going fast but i am putting pressure on the tires before they end up locking in 4x4, any suggestions, other than just putting it in 4x4 to begin with??

·
Registered
281 Posts
my bike does the exact thing i think these bikes have features where they wont engage into 4x4 unless the wheels are turning the same thing happens to me in mud, im sure over time this could do damage to the teeth inside the gearbox, i know mine does it 9 out of 10 times and it drives me crazy!

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
That's how you blow up your front diff. The front tires need to move 1mph before it will engage into 4x4.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Doubt you hurt it, the 4wd mechanism is really simple and durable, it is basically collars with what I call dog ears on them and when you hit the 4WD you most likely have to move barely to get the ears to fall into each other.

The 4WD lock is a different story

1 - 9 of 9 Posts