Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an LM-2 Basic and I was wondering if I have to read the front and rear exh. separately (single channel version) or can it be done @ the same time? I don't have the bungs welded in yet so I only looked @ the software.
Ed3

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I to have the LM-2 and love it. I like that I can tune my engine and the clutch with it all on the LCD of the LM-2 no need to hook it to a computer. On my KFX I have a exhaust bung in both the front and rear head pipe then on my Brute I have 1 exhaust bung welded in right after the two head pipes go into 1 pipe. If I was to do it again I would do my KFX with one bung.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have HMF duals with no Xpipe so I need to have two bungs.....right?
I was wondering if there was a way to have two O2 sensors hooked up to the single channel LM-2 so both F&R could be done simultaniously without stopping and switching the sensor to the other bung?
Or is that only on a two channel LM-2?
If so can you upgrade the software or somehow enable the second channel on a single channel LM-2?
The bottom line is that I jumped the gun and didn't do enuff research...I thought the LM-2 was a two channel LM-1, now I'm trying to figure out what to do.
If I can get my crossover intakes to work I think a two channel enabled LM-2 with two O2 sensors hooked up @ the same time will be most accurate & easiest tuning...
?comments?

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Hmm to be honest I didn't know there was a single channel LM-2. I know with my LM-2 I can run two O/2 sensors at the same time like your talking about. Yes on duals you will need to get a bung welded into each head pipe. If your LM-2 is single channel then I would guess you will have to tune one cylinder at a time.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks 05-BF-750, that's what I thought....I think I'll e-mail Innovative & see if an upgrade is available.
The model I have is in the basic kit.
I bought it from a member on here, & I never thought to ask if it was one channel or two...I assumed two...and ya'know what they say about ASSuming;)....it's my fault, and really no big deal, the unit is in perfect condition.
The only way I know it's even been used is the o2 sensor has some soot/discoloration.:D

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have the same unit, no big deal to me because my bike is fuel injected, but I could see where it would be easier to have both readings at the same time, make jetting changes simultaneously so you wont have to take it apart 20 times, just 10 instead, lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts