Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is are any fairly quiet exhaust that I could but on the wifes KFX700. I have a supertrapp IDS2 on her Lakota and that is fairly quiet, just wondering how that is on the V. Now I have HMF duals on my V and that is louder that she would want on hers. I know I could keep the stockers on it but that is no fun.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
aliens

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Muzzy measured 93db at 3250rpm on my 730. That was with Sparky and QC in. It was 98-100 uncorked.

3250 rpm is not very high for our bikes. However, that is the rpm level that the forest service measures db at for enforcement of sound laws.

Despite being the quietest performance pipe out there the Muzzy is still among the top performers in the power category as well.

If I remember right the stock pipe is in the 87-89 range.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Is are any fairly quiet exhaust that I could but on the wifes KFX700. I have a supertrapp IDS2 on her Lakota and that is fairly quiet, just wondering how that is on the V. Now I have HMF duals on my V and that is louder that she would want on hers. I know I could keep the stockers on it but that is no fun.
i was wodering the same thing. i want the power of a pipe but the noise of stock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have DMC Aliens on my stocker. GREAT sound. WAYYY quieter than the Dual HMF's on our other stocker

·
Registered
343 Posts
Definitely not HMF 2-into-1. I have that on my 700 and my brother has the duals and they are kinda close in sound.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys, I will keep an eye on ebay for a Muzzy then.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Go through VFORCEJOHN here on the forum. I have bought all 3 of my Muzzys through him. He has the best price and excellent customer service!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts