Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does leaded fuel effect O2 sensors? I have a permanent AFR guage and i can't find any race fuel that is not leaded. Looking for something around 110 octane. Is any one running leaded fuel with there sensors?

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there any way to keep it from shortening the life of the sensor? can it be cleaned or something, and how long would the sensor last running leaded fuels?

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
I ran a 50/50 mix of race fuel/super unleaded for the last year and a half with my a/f meter. At the end of this year, my O2 sensor was waisted.

So about a year and a half on a 50/50 mix. :D

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did you know when your sensor was wasted? Did it just give you crazy readings? How much is a new sensor?

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Ya, it would count up, stop at 14.1 and stay there. No matter what you did with the trottle, it wouldn't change.

It's just an automotive Bosch O2 sensor. The one for my Innovate A/F was like $50.00.

I think when Camo's went bad at St Anthony last year it read 16 sumpthin all the time

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Cool, thanks for the link.

Running the NOS and a FST CDI with advanced timing, I have started mixing my fuel 70/30 now. It seems to be working for me so far. :D

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you using a cdi for your advance timing? I thought you weren't supposed to run advanced with nos. Does a Dyna-tech non programable cdi advance the timing too?

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Yes, the FST CDI advances timing.

Ya, I've been told that too. :cool:

I don't know about the Dyna-Tech.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What octane are you running?

·