Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some of you running? I use turbo blue 110 just because I can get it here close to the house. That is about my only option for fuel that is easy to get, and it is about $6 per gallon. What is a better fuel for me to use? I'm sure shipping fuel would be crazy expensive...

·
Registered
237 Posts
E85 i know its not technaily race gas but 105 octane 30 cents cheaper a gallon then reg unleaded.
My bike likes lots of fuel and spark timing on this stuff

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
C12, guy has it local

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
Mine did not run well on Turbo Blue. Maybe it was not fresh or it could be too much for my engine:unsure:
Ive had better luck with VP and Cam2 in the 100/110 Octane range.
I'm going to try E85,it cost almost half what race gas cost and should be more consistent.
I don't have a high compression engine and I use NOS,so my results will be different.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
I use 112 Monster Race fuel. I know a guy that is dealer and I bought a 55gl. drum last year. I tried Turbo Blue from a local Shell station. I do not know if it was because it came from a bulk tank or what. But, It never seam to be the same. It would run good one time and not the next. And the color was never the same.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Anyone try methanol M5? I here it does not jell like the stuff Metal uses and has more power.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You guys are really running E-85? You know that it tears up aluminum unless it was treated for it right? Say goodbye to your heads and pistons. Please do some research on it. There is a reason it is a flex-fuel. Ethanol is hell on aluminum. The engine has to be built for it and im not talking the extra octane.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i have not had a problem yet with e-85 knock on wood i treat it like methanol drain and run gas through the motor if its going to sit for more than a couple days.
It gets realy corrosive with moisture contamination

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Sunoco 110. Buy it locally by the 55 gal. drum for $6 something a gallon. Seems the best I've tried.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i use the c-12 also i get it locally through a atv dealership its expensive but its also through the dealer they sell 5 gal cans there and price runs from 70-90 dollars for 5gallon pretty pricey stuff.. i can get the turbo blue and the 116+ octanes for cheaper like $5.00 a gal through a local guy i just didnt or havent found out yet if a high compression atv motor will run right with that high of fuel.. c-12 is a red fuel and i allways try to get vp oxygenated fuels for my atv people say the oxygenated fuels run better in atv's and dirtbikes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
VP U4.2 Stock motor. Great for nosebleed elevations.

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I use 112 Monster Race fuel. I know a guy that is dealer and I bought a 55gl. drum last year. I tried Turbo Blue from a local Shell station. I do not know if it was because it came from a bulk tank or what. But, It never seam to be the same. It would run good one time and not the next. And the color was never the same.

David where is this guy? How much was a drum?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts