Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is a 2005 Brute Force 750. I know there are various threads covering this and I believe I have been through just about every one of them and I am extremely confused. Here is where I'm at:
If I jump the fan directly to the battery it will run. After doing this I jumped the two wires together that go to the fan switch on the radiator. The fan turned on, just for a second, then turned off. All of my fuses are good, but I did snap off the one of the prongs on the breaker taking it on and off. I have used a voltmeter and now there is no power going to the fan switch or the breaker. The fan still comes on if I plug it directly into the battery. I am out of ideas and really don't understand why there is no power going to the wires that connect to the breaker. Any guidance on this would be appreciated!

My initial plan was to just run a switch and inline fuse from the fan to the battery so I can manually turn the fan on and still ride this weekend.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
The 05-07 fan circuits are so very simple, yet for the 05s with their buss connector issues it makes some people crazy. Below is that fan circuit. Start at the source and check every connector. Also..as it is an 05 and all 05s got corroded buss connectors sooner or later, go to youtube, type in Brute Force Buss Connector in the search and watch the videos..there is one good one on repairing it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the diagram. I will definitely look into the buss connector and just take it step by step. I'll keep the thread updated with what I come up with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update. I have not checked out the buss connector as I was tight on time and wanted to ride this last weekend, so I just hooked up a manual switch directly to the radiator. It is great when it is dry, but the operation I have rigged up is definitely not waterproof. Any tips on good outdoor switches for this application? I still intend on sourcing the original issue when I have a little more time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts