Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had bad over heating problems, but my radiator water reservoir was full, so I disassembled the ATV and found the radiator was almost empty, checked the tube that is supposed to feed water from the reservoir to the radiator and it isnt connected.

So, does anyone know where to find the attachment location for the feeding tube from the radiator water reservoir to the radiator?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just looked on my 750, and the hose connects to the radiator, right under the radiator cap neck... Hope it's the same on yours!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
On the independent rear quads, the tube runs from the rad cap area down the left side frame to the reservoir tank.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the replys, but i just went out and looked, and there didnt seem to be a port to put the tube on/near the rad cap.
I have a 2006 650 Independent rear axle, if that helps at all..

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Thanks for the replys, but i just went out and looked, and there didnt seem to be a port to put the tube on/near the rad cap.
I have a 2006 650 Independent rear axle, if that helps at all..
Stock all IRS 750s and 650s have the port on the back side just under the cap's lip on the left side of the radiator. If yours is missing, someone has modified it or has put a different radiator in it. The SRAs also have it but the cap is remote with the thermostat housing..ie not with the radiator.

Here's one out and on the rack:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys :), although the Rad. cap wasn't on the corner, the place for the tube that I was asking about was on the rim of the rad cap, it was just covered by a rubber piece and other tubing. Now to reassemble it all back together.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
And instead of creating another thread, Ill go ahead and ask and see if anyone can internet-diagnose this.

When riding the Brute, it feels like only 1 spark-plug is working only at times. For instance, ill be driving it, go around a corner, hit the throttle to gain speed, and you can notice a "groggier" and quiter tone, and a lack of speed (about 25 MPH) while other times, I'll hit the throttle and it'll make the HMF scream and jump to life. I've replaced both spark plugs and that hasn't seemed to do anything.

Also, when it does feel as if both spark-plugs are in action, itll still only go about 35-38 MPH.
Also, Also, The belt check light is on, no flashing, it's just constantly on. Will that affect performance??

No idea whats going on, but does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi if the belt light is just on not flashing means you have to reset the belt light, it comes on every 100hrs. Look on youtube i think his name is kreese he has video how to reset the light.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NW he has a 650sra his pic is a sra square headlights.
Yeah he said it was an Independent Rear Axle and I saw the headlights.. that but thought maybe someone had put SRA plastics on and IRS. That also explains the radiator fill. Thanks jwsrules.
Oops, sorry about that. Yea I have a straight rear axle, don't know why I said independent.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The other issues may be weak spark from low battery voltage or a bad battery or lack of fuel from a weak pump, stuck vent check or vacuum leak from split carb boot(s)
hmm, I just replaced the battery about a week ago because it was dead, and its running the same, but it's probably something dealing with the carbs. I took it to a shop a while back because it was running rich and shooting fire out the exhaust pipe, and from what they said, they replaced the jets back to factory ones. But ever since I got it back its been doing that, so must've done something wrong in the shop.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts