Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sounds nice, looks great with factory jet-hot type coating, and as far as I know, makes excellent power...was over $700 new. Heat shield included.

The black/brown crap in some of the pictures is gone...that was just some junk that melted on there or something, but cleaned right off.

$275 plus shipping lower 48. I take paypal

SOLD!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Do the head pipes get real hot? What diameter are the head pipes? Have any sound clips of it? One last question how many hours are on this exhaust and is it in need of repacking?

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pipes don't get any hotter then any other...its cooler then my Muzzy on the leg...I don't know what size the head pipes are...sorry, no sound clip...12-15 hrs on this pipe, its like new and would not need repacking.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I can shed a little light on this product. i had one of these on my V for a few years and can say it is an awesome pipe. I always got compliments on it and has a very unique sound. it does not get very hot at all. the pipe diameter i believe is 1.5 or if not very, very close. they did not make very many of these, thats what makes them unique i think. very light also. this is an excellant price for this set-up considering it is in like new condition. someone better jump on this. not many of them out there left. :D

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
They look like the same headpipes as the prototype Big Gun. I had one of them, they was 1.5" diameter. James if these are the same, the pipes you got off me (the one Mickey made) is the same headpipes as these, or started out like these.

This is a very nice looking pipe. I always liked the way the CT pipes sounded on Z400's, I could only imagine what it sounds like on a Vtwin :D :wub:

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Yea I love the way this exhaust looks. If my Muzzy SP sales I might snag this off you. If it don't sale I got a trade lined up with an other KW member.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2qk4u, thanks for the info and the assist :tup:

and g-rider, your right on with the Big Gun....Mickey told me he was involved with or tested some of the early stuff with CT and Big Gun or whoever and that these pipes actually made more power then the Muzzy (i'm just say'n, I don't know)

These pipes came on my Werkz racing built stock bore 700....I pulled the motor in favor of my FST 800 which was tuned for the Muzzy, plus I love the Muzzy sound...that is why its for sale. I had enough parts sitting around just in case I would pick up a second bike for cheap....but I need to face the fact that I have ridden my Vforce like once a year for the last three years...I don't need spare parts sitting around. :)

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
I wish you would have had that price on this exhaust about a month ago. I just bought some DMC Afterburner Quiet4 duals for my orange V for the same price.

Oh well, that's not the V that I ride anyway. :D

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
It appears that a turn-down end cap may be available for it yet if someone doesn't like the disc type.

Scroll about 1/2-way down this page.
KAWASAKI

View attachment 19332

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
if my yoshis sell im gonna pick this up from u

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
ive got a snow shovel, only used to gut a house after hurricane katrina!

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
$275 shipped to 62557?

Its Central, IL..shouldn't be too much.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
if u change ur mind about shipping to me im still keen
I'm sorry PSI, you are a good member and I wouldn't have a problem selling to you, but I just don't have the time or patience to deal with international shipping....I have too many stories from over the years of things going wrong and me losing lots of money. Its simple for me to print UPS labels at home for packages in cont. US and just drop at the back door at work so the little brown truck can pick it up....Canada and other international requires me to do a bunch of running around and getting quotes and blah, blah, blah.

Thank you for your offer though....I know I lose potential sales because I don't ship outside cont US. Hope you underestand.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts