Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 kfx 80 i pressurized gas tank with air after removing line and no gas was coming out. I then found out that it works off vacuum after re-installing hose i found extreme amounts of raw gas on top of piston? When i install spark plug raw fuel comes out of exhaust @ least 1/2 cup every revolution? Also there is a rubber drain plug on the throttle side of Quad on the bottom below the head when i remove after sitting overnight all the gas in tank will be there and drain out? i removed fuel valve and inspected diaphram all ok. also i removed and inspected carb all looked ok. PLEASE HELP!

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
It sounds like the carbs inlet valve seat is leaking or the float has a leak.
Depending on the style of choke,it can stick open, causing fuel to be drawn in when the engine is not running.
Make sure you change the oil,it most likely has fuel in it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, I broke down carb, float looked good visually and needle was intact needle seated directly into a brass valve there was no rubber gromment. Not sure if i blew it out but there was nothing in the bowl? How can i test for carb inlet valve Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
Attach a hose where the fuel goes into the carb,then try to blow into it with your mouth. If any air leaks in,you will hear it,telling you the seat is leaking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I attatched a hose were fuel goes into Carb and blew, air not passing threw. Valve seal is sealing. When bowl is full Im still getting a tremendous amount of raw Fuel out of exhuast! PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also i have no traction! it will not move is there any chance ive blown some type of seal when i used compressed air that has allowed gas to enter clutch case and cause to slip? i got it to run and idle now it just sputs raw gas out of exhaust but will not move.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any chance ive Damaged valve seal and allowing gas to enter combustion chamber on wrong stroke? Come guys where are all the gearheads?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 kfx 80 i pressurized gas tank with air after removing line and no gas was coming out. I then found out that it works off vacuum after re-installing hose i found extreme amounts of raw gas on top of piston? When i install spark plug raw fuel comes out of exhaust @ least 1/2 cup every revolution? Also there is a rubber drain plug on the throttle side of Quad on the bottom below the head when i remove after sitting overnight all the gas in tank will be there and drain out? i removed fuel valve and inspected diaphram all ok. also i removed and inspected carb all looked ok. PLEASE HELP!
I have the same 2006 kfx 80 with the same exact issue. I was wondering if you ever solved your problem. The repair shop I’ve had it at five times is refusing to work on it anymore since they can’t find the issue. It’s had two new carburetors plus 3 carburetor rebuilds, 2 new petcocks, reed assembly and rebuilt top part of the motor (all oem parts) and still won’t start. Tries to turn over but that’s it. I also have the fuel pouring out of the exhaust pipe. On the rare day it did start a few years back I did have intermittent traction issues. Someone would have to push it down hill for traction and then it still moved slow as a snail.
Desperately need it to start so I can sell it and put the money towards my husband‘s funeral expenses. I live in NW Georgia.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts