Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really angry and pi**ed at the postal services, whether it was the system this side of the Atlantic or that side I'm not sure, but either way I'm so upset :pissed::pissed:

As many of you know I've recently sold my Yoshi to make way for a Super Pro, well as you all know I hadn't had it that long and it was in perfect condition, well anyway here's the message I've just got! :(

RECIEVED EXHAUST TODAY. BOX WAS PRETTY BEAT UP, THE MUFFLER CANS GOT DAMAGED PRETTY GOOD BOTH CANS HAVE SEVERAL DENTS AND BIG SCRATCHES, EVEN THE ENDS CAPS GOT SCREWED UP. I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL I INSTALL IT TO SEE IF I HAVE ALL OF THE PARTS I NEED TO PUT IT ON

I can't stress how bad I feel, I have to make it right somehow, before all of you say make a claim, the package wasn't insured I don't think, if I opt for insurance it would have cost me more in shipping than what I sold it for, anyway I'm going to the post office anyway just to vent some anger, trouble is with it travelling so far I guess they'll just pass the blame on elsewhere! :pissed:

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
shitty... i know in canada there is up to $100 free insurance when you ship, so you may want to check that out there..

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
That sucks arse!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
shitty... i know in canada there is up to $100 free insurance when you ship, so you may want to check that out there..

Same in the US. Everything i have shipped over sea's always came with at least $100 free ins. Sorry Andy we all know how bad it sucks when the stuff we ship isn't taken care of. :mad:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I get insurance everytime. The few dollars your saving isn't worth it. But that is bullshit when you send stuff in the mail it gets to the other person looking like scrambled eggs and all beat up. Still doesn't matter if you paid for insurance or not you paid for them to do a job and while it was in there hands the fucked it up.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
i had an issue with canada. luckily for me the seller took very good care of me. it sucked because i was the middle man. good luck andy

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
I hate shipping anything. I swear 10% of the parts I'm getting or sending never get were they were going.:mad:
Good luck with any kind of insurance,I tried to collect on something I sent a few years ago(I think to Neal) but gave up after all the BS they made me go through and since the parts were free,they had no value,no matter how much ins I paid for.
It just happeded again this week when I sent some carb springs to a member.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
that sucks

the local postal services will just steal it!!:D

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
If you claim insurance the postoffice keeps the part you insured.

Did you get the Super PRO yet?? I hope it arrived to you in good shape.

I packed it well, but had to make the box small so they would ship it?? I couldn't insure it for overseas shipments.

sucks about the Yoshis. Package handlers just throw the boxes down the line, unless it is priority or express, insured or confirmation requested, I think they kick them from place to place.

I've seen some DANDY clutches come in here with just the address label taped to the clutch and them in pieces. even well packed parts still get abused.

John

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Andy.

I used to ship Original Artwork all over the country. I was told that any packaging I used needs to be able to take a 4 FOOT Drop!!! It's hard to make any packaging handle a drop like that. It used to cost me a lot just to build the shipping wooden boxes.

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you claim insurance the postoffice keeps the part you insured.

Did you get the Super PRO yet?? I hope it arrived to you in good shape.

I packed it well, but had to make the box small so they would ship it?? I couldn't insure it for overseas shipments.

sucks about the Yoshis. Package handlers just throw the boxes down the line, unless it is priority or express, insured or confirmation requested, I think they kick them from place to place.

I've seen some DANDY clutches come in here with just the address label taped to the clutch and them in pieces. even well packed parts still get abused.

John
Yes John just finished unwrapping it :D there's one little ding on the silencer where the two in to one section of pipe fits into but nothing I won't be able to take care of, other than that its perfect and looks real nice! B)

Oh hang on! I've just noticed there is something missing! "THE TWINKIES":lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well in my eagerness to get the Muzzy fitted first thing in the morning I just took the silencer to my toolbox and removed the spark arrestor and quiet core but more important I just fixed the ding, took me all of five minutes and now is as good as new, can't wait to get it fitted, its just such a shame I'm hardly riding lately because of my buddies recent health problem, for all you guys who may be interested I took him for his check up today, its only 18 days since his big heart OP and I'm glad to say he's coming along really well and the doc's have given him the big thumbs up that everything's fine, can't wait for him to hurry and heal so we can get back in the mountains :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts