Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's kids always come over on Christmas Eve to exchange gifts. My stepkids came up with a really cool gift idea for me this year. They all pitched in and bought me a new tool cabinet for my home shop, but they wrapped everything separately :lol:. I opened packages with each caster, the nuts and bolts (wrapped in a Trojan box LOL), drawer liners, etc. Took a while to unwrap, and no one offered to help me put it together :eek:. I really appreciated the time and effort that they went to. Just wondering if anyone else has any similar stories.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
when i was young, i wanted a Nintendo 64. i started by opening a box under the tree. it was a clue to the next clue....... and on and on. after about 2 hours of a scavenger hunt, i finally found my Nintendo

·
Registered
209 Posts
something small in a box. wrap and tape. take and put in a bigger box. wrap and tape. etc. etc. till you have a box that needs carried in with two people. lol lots of tape, duct tape, nails and wood, stuffing (old shirts and shoes for ex)... I have seen people open "presents" with a crow bar and hammer to get all the way down to a 3" pole with a Lock through it. All that to let them know they were pole locks... :)

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
My wife's kids always come over on Christmas Eve to exchange gifts. My stepkids came up with a really cool gift idea for me this year. They all pitched in and bought me a new tool cabinet for my home shop, but they wrapped everything separately :lol:. I opened packages with each caster, the nuts and bolts (wrapped in a Trojan box LOL), drawer liners, etc. Took a while to unwrap, and no one offered to help me put it together :eek:. I really appreciated the time and effort that they went to. Just wondering if anyone else has any similar stories.
We did this to my dad this year. My brothers and I bought him a set of golf clubs. We wrapped every club individually, a dozen golf balls, and a bunch of tees. Was very time consuming to wrap as well as unwrap. I would say it was worth it thought to see him unwrapping stuff for like 2 hours. :lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
something small in a box. wrap and tape. take and put in a bigger box. wrap and tape. etc. etc. till you have a box that needs carried in with two people. lol lots of tape, duct tape, nails and wood, stuffing (old shirts and shoes for ex)... I have seen people open "presents" with a crow bar and hammer to get all the way down to a 3" pole with a Lock through it. All that to let them know they were pole locks... :)
My dad did that to my mom a few years ago. Started with a giant tv box. Ended up being a ring :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts