Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a prievious post regaurding this bike. The frame and the plastic is great. tires are good, just need a little mechanical advise. the motor struggles to throttle up in neutral, worse in gear. my main concern is that the valve train is very noisy. I am not familiar with the valve train on this bike. looking on line it shows the cam supported with two roller bearings. are they prone to fail. I am able to do anything mechanical but would like some history or feedback on this before i make the offer. Is the valve train noisy on these bikes, i only have experience on older suzuki's.

·
Registered
402 Posts
what year is it?these bikes are usually bullet proof.if it is making noises or smoking,run!!unless you are only giving a couple hundred bucks for it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
fish.......

I agree with monsterbrute750..............5 or 6 hundred is too much.................I wouldn't pay any more than you could get in parting it out for sure. You may run into a complete engine overhaul...$$$$$$$$$

There is other fish in the sea!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bike is a 1999, it does not smoke and it will start right up with a push of the button. I havr heard so many good things about these bikes I am feeling that it could be a easy fix. other than one dent in the rear rack, it looks like it was just bought. but, we all no that looks can be decieving. I am so on the fence with this one. I no i can get it for 500.00 and it comes with a service manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts