Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I uninstalled the 4" extension from Ole Blue, I put everything back together, but the rear wheels won't spin freely like it does on my drag bike. I thought I put everything back together correctly. I put the correct oil back in. Now, I haven't taken it out yet cuz I'm waiting on handle bars, but shouldn't they spin freely w/o the brake cables hooked up? Could it be that I just need to ride it to get the oil circulated in there again. Do you think I've missed something when I put it all back together? Really not looking forward to taking it apart again.

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
They will free up some,after some riding.
I've had problems with my stock brakes on my stock setup,since new. I've replaced everything and it's still the same.
I don't run that setup for racing anymore.

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Do they turn at all? Is the bike in neutral? It's normal to feel a little drag but if you are squirtin out diamonds trying to get it to move... it's probably coming back apart for another looksie.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
how was it before you took the extension off?

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Yo Chris... turn off Mafia wars... we're tryin to help you here. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL @ Camo! "squirtn' out diamonds" :lol: I had to go home from work. My bars came in so it is all back to stock. I took it out, now it seems to be just fine. I think the oil just needed to get circulated back in there. I'm glad to. I wasn't looking forward to taking it back apart. That job is a P I T A for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They will free up some,after some riding.
I've had problems with my stock brakes on my stock setup,since new. I've replaced everything and it's still the same.
I don't run that setup for racing anymore.

How do you run yours now Snow?

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
My Prairie did that when I added the extension. It seemed a little harder to push, nothing major but a little more difficult. If it is ALOT worse then before, I would take it apart just to be on the safe side.

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks G, it's not alot worse now. Actually feels the same as before now thank goodness. I think the brakes were a little dry when I reinstalled them and now that the fluid has circulated back in there, seems fine now.

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't be sorry Kenny. I really appreciate you sending them to me. Got them yesterday and installed. All ready to go. Even have a possible buyer for my quad. :D I show this smiley cuz I need to sell it, but really, I'm sad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts