Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the steel bracket that that holds the rear plastics on were ur heel gaurds bolts to the frame keeps breaking i go thru about 4-5 a yr anybody elses break,is there a better option?
at $48 from kawie here and a 6 week wait is a pizz of

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
What are you doing that keeps breaking them.I have never had to replace any.I can get those brackets here for $10.00 I guess it sucks to be living down under.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
owning a kfx700 and livn down under sux because parts are bullshit for these things if i was like everybody else and owned a boring 450 or rappy
and living down under it would be perfect :lol:
oh yeah obviously i ride harder than u im breakn stuff:p

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
That still doesn't answer my? how do you keep breaking them?I do ride on the edge sometimes.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i knew ide fix the problem all 3 of the kfxs have done it 2 now because i sold one
i will put up a pic its only just arond were the bolt head sits exact place eveytime ive tryed using a washer to make the surface area bigger but still the same thing happens

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I've broken a few myself....tried the washer trick also....but not much luck. Lucky for me I just buy them used off ebay for a couple bucks, so i haven't spent much time trying to fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
so is it the heal guard cage? or the bracket up above that? if its the one on the heal cage just get some nerf bars. my ac pro pegs do away with the mount to the heal cage

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
I made a bracket out of 1/8 steel and it hasn't broke yet, I also removed the rear brackets above the exhaust, not sure if that helped or not

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have broken so many of those brackets its not even funny! I welded a piece of flat aluminum to the back of the nerfbar and bolt the fender to that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts