Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear shock is no good !! I have had it rebuilt twice. Each time the shock looses it's nitrogen within a few rides. I have built a custom swingarm and added 4 inches in length which has to be considered when rebuilding this stock shock.

Im interested in finding another rear shock that is able to work for my application. The KFX 700 shock is too long. I dont know about the KFX 450 or any other make/model that Has modification potential ????

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The T4 shock might work on your T3, if so rockhound motorsports has several rebuilt shocks ready to go in stock. I have a spare rear shock for my 85 T3 but it would need a rebuild an possibly to short for your 86. I'm just not that knowledgeable about the T3's.
Get an eye to eye measurement of your shock and I will measure a few and see what might work for ya.

Be sure to measure with the shock off or at full sag if its on the bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks but i guess i should explain more about what I am looking for

I am looking for a rear shock off a newer model ATV. One that has a "works kit" available and different spring rates available.

The current stock shock is 14 1/2" from eye to eye.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I know on the Tri-Z's everyone uses a combination of Warrior and Banshee suspension parts. If I remember correctly its a Warrior shock with a Banshee dogbone. If you get an eye to eye measure ment that will help alot to determine what will work. Remember that since your running an extended swingarm your shock valving will be too soft for a stock shock in most cases. I can get just about anything revalved through Devol Engineering if your interested.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
thanks but i guess i should explain more about what I am looking for

I am looking for a rear shock off a newer model ATV. One that has a "works kit" available and different spring rates available.

The current stock shock is 14 1/2" from eye to eye.
Ok I can measure the shock on our kfx400.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would hate to say it but i am pretty sure works will make you a new one. I prefer axis, pep, or elka over works but they are pretty descent and the cheapest. I am pretty sure any of these company's can make you one.

If you still want to try a stocker and convert it over. You can always grind it down to fit it its to wide. and use washers if its to not wide enough (inside the frame mounts) There really is no side to side pressure so i wouldn't see why it would matter much. Me personally iwould try to stay within 1/4 to 1/2 of the stock length

But with you having a swinger on there having one built is the best bet, you can have it built to your riding style (ie longer swing arm) You will be able to do stuff that pretty incredible with some real shocks man, best money you will ever spend

1 - 6 of 6 Posts