Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im lowerin the front with the crj blocks, but the rear should i make a solid strut? if so out of what? or just soften the factory shock?

if i make a rear strut i thought about making an adjustable one, well sorta. have 2 positions and use a bolt to set it. have the lowest position where the swing arm is level with engine, and another an 1" higher up or so. or woukd that really do anything?

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
when you save up some more money aaron, the Marvin Shaws are great. They are light weight and you can adjust the nitrogen in them to set the shock soft or almost solid

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
cant think of the name of it ,4 link ?? dont know goes on the back of a tractor ,pipe w/ rod end on each end twist pipe that raises or lowers rear .someone will chime in w/ the name bought one of mine a t tractor supply Jim gave me the other

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
yea what he said!!! Thanks Dilley,I knew it had a number in it :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
are they are called heim joints . or some ppl call them johnny joints .

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
monkey what do the shaws run? ive heard excellent things about them. but im just looking for a temporary setup for your farm n bash of the titans. i know ill loose but at least ill give it hell

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
They are also called Rod Ends...FWIW...:D

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
monkey what do the shaws run? ive heard excellent things about them. but im just looking for a temporary setup for your farm n bash of the titans. i know ill loose but at least ill give it hell
IMO, don't strut the rear. Srut the fronts or tie em down, leave the back alone. You want some weight transfer, that and it will bounce you the f**k around, doing the front will make a bigger difference than the rear

·
Registered
162 Posts
3 pt bar/draw bar
its a center link for a tractor it goes on the 3 point hitch to level the implement or a heim joint like the 4 link in a race car.
if it were me id be worried about the front not the rear.i have a ratchet strap 3in wide 3ft long i hook it in the bottom a arm come over the top of the shock mount and go through the holes then hook the ratchet in the other a arm then stick the strap in the ratchet and crank it down your front shocks need to be set soft that way they go down easy. its quick and easy i can leave wot on asphalt and melt the tires:)

·
Registered
162 Posts
this is heim joints this is the best way but with lowering the v it gives it negative camber so u need adjustable a arms to get the handling back

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ah ok, how much did your setup cost?

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
aaron, you can get by on the cheap and quick for now, just use some ratchet straps, see how you like it.

Then you can do it right. You will need an ASR upper a-arm<will allow you to drop the front way down and get the camber/caster right

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah i may, negative camber wont effect handling TOO bad, alot of cars n trucks(custom) run negative camber.s

·
Registered
162 Posts
ah ok, how much did your setup cost?
not mine its pipos quad, but if look on ebay you can get the heim joints for 15 per side then get some pipe and get someone to weld a nut on both ends of the pipe and screw the heims in the pipe.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah, i may. id rather find a piece of solid round stock and thread it. would be heavier, but should be stronger. i can have minor welding done here at work.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
get some aluminum bar stock either 6061 or 7075 alloy and have the ends threaded

or chromoly tubing and have some plugs threaded and welded in

you'd have to get left and right handed threads done

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
I strapped the front end last week at the asphalt track with the stock front tires and I thought I was gonna die (neg camber)...and this was only like in 75' maybe less.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts