Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sunk my BF an we got it to start again but once it gets warm a pistons swells up an will lock the motor up won't even turn over you let it sit over night an it will turn over again! So is it hard to rebuild the top end I've been told the cylinder walls in a brute are chrome that if you get em shaved a little for new pitons you half to get it rechromed before you put it back together. I wanna stay stock I don't want to bore it out. Where can I get kits from?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sounds like you may have spun a crank bearing. It's the crank that is seizing, most likely. DSC is a site sponsor, he's got good kits and great service. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
Crank is gone.
If it's a 650i or 750, then the bores are Nikasil coated.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
just go to the forum page and you'll see Big Kev's Performance. Pm him or call him. For a crank, just order the original crank online, and for Kevin's engine kit you pay a bit more for kevins engine kit but its 100% worth the money and nobody will disagree with me on that one. He has a website also ATV Performance Parts - Upgrade Your ATV | Big Kev's Performance and its not hard at all to rebuild the motor as long as you follow the service manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts