Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rebuilt my rear shock the other day. All went well except I seem to have a tiny bit of air left in it. I've rebuilt lots of forks, as well has hundreds, if not over a thousand, hydraulic cylinders so I am no dummy to the process, but this was my first rear/atv shock. I did it as per the service manual but when fully contracted I can feel an easy spot where there must be air. Are there any tricks to getting the air out? I haven't charged the bladder yet.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ended up just taking it back apart and filling it up with oil and letting the excess spill out when I reassembled it, instead of doing in the way in the manual.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was going to say thats how most suspension guys do it. Just over fill it a little and let the excess oil spill off. Seen it done a million times... If it wasnt that its possible that the shock housing itself is worn excessive. I have seen the hard coat anodizeing get worn off then the shock body is either junk or needs to be re anodized.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.