Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the best place to buy a complete recoil starter for a 2009 bf750? My dealer wants 600.00 just for parts!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
477 Posts
If your looking for a pull start i can help you out for alot cheaper than that.

I only have a couple of questions

This is going on a 2009 brute, right?

The 2009 brute 750 are fuel injected, so what good is turning the motor over gonna do if your battery wont supply power to the fuel pump therefore giving you no fuel and without fuel it wont start. isnt the point of a pull start is to start the bike in the case the battery is dead?

anyway if your looking for one i have one i will sale you. I is as easy as 4 bolts and swapping in the cup for the recoil to grab.

pm me if you want both items

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your out hunting with it, and the battery starts to crank tough or a bit slow, you pull start it while the battery has charge left in it.

Thanks for the offer, I will get back to you after work.

If your looking for a pull start i can help you out for alot cheaper than that.

I only have a couple of questions

This is going on a 2009 brute, right?

The 2009 brute 750 are fuel injected, so what good is turning the motor over gonna do if your battery wont supply power to the fuel pump therefore giving you no fuel and without fuel it wont start. isnt the point of a pull start is to start the bike in the case the battery is dead?

anyway if your looking for one i have one i will sale you. I is as easy as 4 bolts and swapping in the cup for the recoil to grab.

pm me if you want both items

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ok thanks for the clearing that up. Just pm me with an offer and we can work out the details if your interested

·
Registered
247 Posts
Does anybody know the best place to buy a complete recoil starter for a 2009 bf750? My dealer wants 600.00 just for parts!

Babbitsonline or motosport.com have em for around $100CDN

You need : part #'s 49080 & 49088

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
The cover was what i was referring to when i said 4 bolts. Guess i should have been clearer.

the pull cord and cover is all one piece.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well after getting some time to work on the quad, just finished winch install, I removed the cover to swap out for the recoil. Couple of questions. My factory gasket is toast after only about 120kms, can I use any type of gasket maker instead of the factory paper one?

My cd service manual states 94 ft/lbs for the bolt on the crank end does that seem right? Would hate to wreck something when reinstalling the bolt.

Last but not least, the cover bolts require a thread sealant (for water) or locking agent?(purple or blue lock- tite)

Otherwise looks pretty easy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i need some dogs for mine anyone know what will work

1 - 13 of 13 Posts