Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to all of you again!

Almost ready to start putting my transmission back together on my 1997 Prairie 400. According to the manual I should use a liquid gasket (ie. Kawasaki Bond Liquid Gasket - Silver) on the mating surfaces. Unfortunately when I asked my local Kawasaki shop about this they said they do not sell it (really?) and told me to pick it up just about anywhere.

Okay, so now I need to get some liquid gasket from somewhere. Any suggestions for brands of liquid gasket to use on the transmission cover? I am not even sure what to ask for when calling places.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Shadallark

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Hondabond ,Yamabond,or 3m makes a high temp gasket maker. Personally,I've used Hondabond a lot,and I know it holds up to oil,high temps,and a head sealer.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
I always used permatex ultra grey. I have found the 3m. Threebond or honda bod are very messy to use and hard to clean off the cases if you ever have the engine apart again

·
Premium Member
10,230 Posts
it's called Permatex Motoseal.

I prefer Permatex ultra gray or ultra black. they never failed me yet.
Permatex Motoseal works great and is solvent based. It cleans off very easily with brake parts cleaner if you have to take the cover off again. Just be sure to follow the directions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts