Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the Teryx4 , I haven't used it yet but I was checking the tire pressure and to my surprise, the front are at 8 lbs and the back 10 lbs is this normal because in the owners manuel it says you can put up to 36lbs, that's quite a difference with what I have ?

Thanks ahead

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Depending on the situation, between 8 and 12psi is where most people run them. A bit more if you are hauling heavier loads. 7's a little low IMO but...probably OK for easy trail riding. Mostly people use that max pressure to set the beads, then run it back down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Running a 2017 T2 I found airing down the Bighorn 2.0s a 6ply tire from the recommended 12psi front 16 psi rear I kept running small sticks through them.
I have since replaced them with heavier Kanati Terramasters a 10 ply tire aired down to 10psi front and rear No problems

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
lower pressure help with ride and punctures, normally will look at the dirt on the tire and the side bulge but you know its too much if it looks like theres nothing getting on the sides of the tread

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just thought I'd mention that my dealer said( tires should be at 12font and 16 back,this has to do with the ratio.
How true is this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts