Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently put a z start in my 400 and its amazing in tight trails and off camber situations i really like it alot but at my last race it stop going in gear at all and on the 3rd lap it completly stalled out turns out i completly destroyed my clutch hub burnt up some friction plates and ate part of my side cover does anybody kno anything about these clutches and why it might have did that?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I put one in a buddies predator 500 and it lasted for the summer. We ended up putting the stock clutch back in. Im not sure why it would have messed up your bike but I do remember the in instructions, they were very specific about the cable tension being just right or the clutch would fail.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
incorrect stack height, Did you check clearances with the feeler gauge?? Possible you put the heavier balls in the incorrect spots? too tight of a cable?

the clutch surely sees more abuse due to slipping more at low rpm's. I've put them in 450's with 470 kits and they hold even with the stock clutch.

John

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all my settings like the gaps and measurments were right im not sure about the heavier ball thing in wrong spots other then that i know everything was pretty on the dot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts