Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When removing a lakota clutch to replace due to slippage, are there any special tools or lullers required. help please. if so where to get them?

·
Registered
637 Posts
The manule calls for a special tool to hold the primary and secondary gear from the centrifugal and the clutch basket. Some type of gear hold tool but I have just used a screwdriver in the past or something just to keep them from turning. Be sure to go ahead and replace the one waybearing and its race. Just a precautionary measure so you dont end up having to take it all apart again. While you are in there go ahead and replace the springs with Heavy duty springs. They are only $12 from www.cycleworkracing.net and will make your clutch last a whole lot longer becuase it wont allow as much slippage. Soak your fiber plates in some used oil for a day or until they are saturated so they dont dry glaze on you after your first ride. That is unless you get the presaturated ones from magura. Good luck. Let me know if you run into any problems.

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a feeling that I'm gonna be doing this very soon... any tips after doing it? Did you run into any major issues or roadblocks?? Hope it went well for ya!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have to do this next week. is this the same setup as a clutch handle type? if not could someone tell me where i can find a diy for this? thanks!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
clutch

I would be very carefull useing a screw driver if you try to hold the clutch dont put the driver in the cage the post will break very easy there goes more cash This comes from been there did that, good luck think about it, not that hard to do just dont do as I did. :( :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts