Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Repairing LCD Dash Screen 2003 Prairie 650

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Miamirider123 
#1 ·
Hi All, I repaired my LCD Dash Screen Somewhat. It was so faded you could barely see anything. I took the gauge housing apart and got out the LCD Panel. Then I removed the rear Polarizing Filter Film. Cleaned the back side of the LCD Screen and put on a new piece of Polarizing Filter Film with Adhesive backing. Unfortunately I had to also replace the Polarizing film on the front of the LCD panel as well. I say unfortunately because Kawasaki silk screened the fuel gauge onto the Polarizing film. So the new piece of film does not have that. I am attaching a photo of the LCD Panel working after changing out the Polarizing Film. The problem I have is the colors are reversed. The read out is now kind of Orange and the background is black. That is the opposite of the way it was from Kawasaki. I am sure that has to do with the type of Polarizing Film I used. Has anyone here repaired their gauges and can give me some tips? Thanks for any help.

Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Electrical wiring Gadget

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Okay, after reading lots about Polarizing Film, apparently rotating the film will change the displays brightness. Also I should be using Transflective Polarizing Film. So if I read things correctly I need to turn on the display without the front Polarizing Film on it and then rotate the film until I get the desired brightness I want. Then mark the film and cut it. I still don't know if that will fix the reverse image color... Once I get this figured out I will do a tutorial on how to repair your LCD Dash Gauges.. It was not hard to do, providing I can figure out the Brightness and color change...lol

#4 ·
Okay, After some trial and error and lots of reading I got it repaired. I shot a Youtube video of how I did it.. Although I am not fond of the video.. Since this was the first time I had done this the video is chopped together showing the learning process. I have another LCD Gauge I will do and will shoot a much better video.

Gadget Automotive lighting Material property Gas Communication Device

#5 ·
Okay, After some trial and error and lots of reading I got it repaired. I shot a Youtube video of how I did it.. Although I am not fond of the video.. Since this was the first time I had done this the video is chopped together showing the learning process. I have another LCD Gauge I will do and will shoot a much better video.

View attachment 78198
Would you be willing to do this to mine if i sent it to you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.