Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 brute 750i hooked up a warn reverse light everything worked fine for awhile, went to start my brute and the main fuse was blown. ended up taking to local shop they couldnt find any thing wrong except to unhook light.anybody have any ideas as to why it would blow the main fuse (light was hooked to factory light plug ):confused:

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
You won't want to use a bigger fuse, everything else is designed to use the 30 amp fuse and there is no way that light is drawing hat much, If you couldn't find anything wrong with the wiring it could be the light itself. I have seen them short out inside before, I would hope that your dealer would have cheked that. If unhooking the light fixes it it, you know there is a problem with the light.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It has to be a direct short to ground somewhere in the circuit to blow a 30 amp fuse. Check from the light fixture all the way back. Look for frayed insulation and flash spots on the metal frame etc. anywhere the wire comes in contact with a potential ground source.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do the Brutes come with factory wiring for reverse lights? I want to add back up lights but I havent had a chance to dig into the wiring yet.
Mine is 2005 750i...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts