Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading down south for the holiday and thinking about taking the Teryx along with me.

1. Land between the lakes by Paducah, KY. How is it??

2. Coal Creek Tennesse. How is it??

They are both about 240 miles from Louisville.

Are they worth the trip?

Are the SXS friendly??

Which would you recomend.

Mabye I'll end up riding both areas. I have all week.

If anyone wants to join, I'd be more than happy to meet up.

Lets here some feedback.

John

·
Registered
65 Posts
LBL and coal creak are sxs friendly. I just rode Pickett State park this weekend and think its as good as coal creek. And also a little bit closer for you. Just need to have some trails loaded on your gps so you can find where to go since they are not marked. Might give it a look and see. LBL is ok, somewhat small and has sharp rocks everywhere. Royal Blue is great also. I think there is a riding group in southern KY that have a good place they ride as well just dont know the name off hand. Hope this helps some.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I talked to some guys from Monticello and they said Harlan and Coal Creek, are good, LBL is too small and rocky.

I'll look up Pickett.

Hillzandhollarz is about 30 miles from where I'll be. but they never answer the phone to see if they are still open.

any other suggestions keep them coming

John

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I would probably either go to Coal Creek or Brimstone. Both are really great places with some great riding. I think me and Neal are gonna head down to Coal Creek pretty soon to take his Teryx to try out. Brimstone is another great place but is just a little tighter on some trails and a little more difficult terrain. Monticello is a really good place also but you would probably want someone to show you around as it is not marked. Me and Neal may be able to take you down to Coal Creek and show you around if you would want to go with us. Neal is chomping at the bits to get this thing out.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll definatly go. If you want to plan something for Friday-Saturday just after Thanksgiving. I'm free the weekend of the 27th.

It"ll be me and my kid, possibly my X-ol lady on her Honda 300.

Brimstone is closer than coal creek, but I don't care either way. they are all 200 miles from where I'll be

John

John

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Fri would be a good day for us. It would be a long day for you unless you are gonna stay somewhere.

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
I should be able to go on Friday, don't know for sure about Saturday, probably have to work. We have been talking about going to Coal Creek. I can't wait to get this thing in the woods. :rock:

Some of Brimstone would be pretty rough on a 300 Honda. There is a lot of steep off camber hills there.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Hmm I see a ride conjuring up!:D I could take you all to Polly springs up to the hole in the earth..,Depending on how you want to go it can be an all day and night ride. Then on the way back we can stop off at a play spot and raise some hell.:D

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like Black Friday at Coal Creek, TN is the ride. Great excuse for any guy to let the ol lady go shopping for the day.

I just wish this damn thing fit in my enclosed trailer.

John

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Coal creek huh, If I go I hope it goes better then our last trip:( G-Rider lost a tire, I lost a cylinder, Then a damn hurricane of a thunderstorm and heavy rain hit us while up on the moutain:mad: All in all it was good though.

I wish I had something else to take on a ride like that.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
I think there is a riding group in southern KY that have a good place they ride as well just dont know the name off hand.

I think you might be talking about us. Does polly Springs and Hole in the Earth ring a bell? I bet that is what you are talking about.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Looks like Black Friday at Coal Creek, TN is the ride. Great excuse for any guy to let the ol lady go shopping for the day.

John

Should be a good day. Hope everything falls in place and the weather is nice. What size enclosed do you have because I am thinking of buying one next year to haul my exmark in to mow but would also like to get one that a Teryx would fit in when I do buy one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think there is a riding group in southern KY that have a good place they ride as well just dont know the name off hand.

I think you might be talking about us. Does polly Springs and Hole in the Earth ring a bell? I bet that is what you are talking about.
Who is us?
I think it was Southern Kentucky ATV Trail Riders.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

John

Should be a good day. Hope everything falls in place and the weather is nice. What size enclosed do you have because I am thinking of buying one next year to haul my exmark in to mow but would also like to get one that a Teryx would fit in when I do buy one.

my trex roof is 6 foot 8 inches tall. so I need a 7 foot door.

im loading up today and heading out in the a.m. weather says 55 and rain next friday but I know it'll be nice. I'll be there if there's a hell or a hurricane.

I'm also wanting to ride closer to Louisville. I can break away for the good part of the morning and afternoon daily.

John

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Weather will change 15 times by next Fri. I hope so anyways. Gets a little cold riding in the rain up in the mountains. Just call me up in the week and we will work out details on time and all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts