Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Extremes for a long time on the 11 wide wheel. After 730 kit and 36's, I added a 7 1/2" swinger. My traction went bye bye. I went to the Rippers and they helped a lot. I was wondering if putting the Rippers on a 10" or even 8" wide wheel would make much difference. Keep in mind that I'm about 160 soakin wet with my helmet and boots on.

Currently, I can launch on the bottle without wheeliing. I put a 140 lb girl on the back and I can wheelie at full momentum and carry it through te run.

I know blasters would be the better answer, but I want to use up these brand new Rippers first.

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Rippers are pretty narrow. I think I'd leave them.

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
You should just work on your launch setup and let the top end take care of itself. A very wise hill shooter once told me this.

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, agreed. I need to raise my bars so that I can get farther back on the bike, lower the rear, and put some triple buff blasters on there. I still have the stock clutch and even the stock belt from 03 when I bought it.

Lots of room for improvement. Sorry Roger.

You should just work on your launch setup and let the top end take care of itself. A very wise hill shooter once told me this.

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
He's implying you need Blasters. :hehe:

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah yeah, now you a$$holes tell me. I'll get them. But I am burnin these damn rippers down first. I have spent sooooo much on tires.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
If your gonna run with the big dogs at S.A. gotta throw down the coin.

The mammoth will stay on the porch.:D

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
wow. :lol:

·
Registered
10,321 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
In laughter:lol: I see.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
Mammoth....Oh My :lol:

I love the Rippers. They are a great compromise between an all out drag tire like the Blasters and more of a play tire like the Extremes

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree, but if I can launch off the bottle without a wheelie, then I am definately leaving some on the table. I wish I would have had them triple buffed though.
Mammoth....Oh My :lol:

I love the Rippers. They are a great compromise between an all out drag tire like the Blasters and more of a play tire like the Extremes

1 - 20 of 33 Posts