Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
usually aorund 80 in... depends on what width rim....

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
I always wondered, is the rollout on a paddle tire measured as it's rolling over tips of the paddles (like on a cement floor) or rolling it in sand so that paddles would sink in giving you only the rollout length of the tire casing?

Anyone know which way Skat Trak uses?

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
carcass

about what Rich said Geoff

also not sure what pressure they put in them when measuring, they'll balloon a lot with more psi

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rich & Tom

I been looking around for used 25" Extremes / Rippers. I have been seeing the term "roll out" used on planet sand and a bit on craigslist. Did not know what was what.

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Thanks Rich & Tom

I been looking around for used 25" Extremes / Rippers. I have been seeing the term "roll out" used on planet sand and a bit on craigslist. Did not know what was what.
I think they roll out at about $200 each:lol:

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Thanks Rich & Tom

I saw a nice set on craigslist out by you a little while back... :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
Thanks Rich & Tom

you probably know this, but for the ones that don't...and that used to be me:)

basically it's the circumference in inches...... or if you were to put a mark on the tire and "roll" it along the ground one full revolution, till you got to that mark again, then you would measure the distance it covered

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Thanks Rich & Tom

you probably know this, but for the ones that don't...and that used to be me:)

basically it's the circumference in inches...... or if you were to put a mark on the tire and "roll" it along the ground one full revolution, till you got to that mark again, then you would measure the distance it covered
Your right Monkey it's the Circumference of a Circle... You can always take the diameter with or without the paddles and multiply it by 3.14159265358979323846 or 3.14 short form to get you measurement..

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
sure seems like our bikes like a lot of Roll out... 25's at least... the blasters are 86 or so roll out.. well,that is what they claim. I have not ever checked em.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Speaking of blasters and high roll out, its not for every machine. I know I was slower with all motor on my fundy 750 with blasters vs 25' 10 paddle skats. Problem with the skats I was under paddled and they are much narrower . Coming out of the hole in deep sand sucked. Ideal tire would be 81-82 inch roll out as wide as the blasters. The tall blasters will lower your rpms, this has to be made up with roll out distance and its not always achieved.. Just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
:hehe: Sorry, I just had to rub it in a little. :clap:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts