Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

roll out what size is what

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Enigma 
#1 ·
What is roll out on a 25" skat trak?

#3 ·
I always wondered, is the rollout on a paddle tire measured as it's rolling over tips of the paddles (like on a cement floor) or rolling it in sand so that paddles would sink in giving you only the rollout length of the tire casing?

Anyone know which way Skat Trak uses?

#4 · (Edited)
carcass

about what Rich said Geoff

also not sure what pressure they put in them when measuring, they'll balloon a lot with more psi

#10 ·
sure seems like our bikes like a lot of Roll out... 25's at least... the blasters are 86 or so roll out.. well,that is what they claim. I have not ever checked em.

#11 ·
Speaking of blasters and high roll out, its not for every machine. I know I was slower with all motor on my fundy 750 with blasters vs 25' 10 paddle skats. Problem with the skats I was under paddled and they are much narrower . Coming out of the hole in deep sand sucked. Ideal tire would be 81-82 inch roll out as wide as the blasters. The tall blasters will lower your rpms, this has to be made up with roll out distance and its not always achieved.. Just my 2 cents

#13 ·
:hehe: Sorry, I just had to rub it in a little. :clap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.