Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All....I've got an 03 Lakota that absolutely runs like crap....You have to keep the choke full open just to get it to idle....even after full warm-up.....when you ride it, it runs pretty good but backfires on occasion....if you cut the choke back it just dies....I've adjusted the thumbwheel cable thing on the carburetor but it doesn't seem to make a difference (I've probably screwed it up)....any suggestions as to what might be wrong with this bike?....My wife loves it otherwise...

·
Registered
387 Posts
definitly the carb take it apart and clean it it sounds like it needs new jets

·
Registered
387 Posts
let me know how it goes

·
Registered
721 Posts
Sounds like your fuel to air mixture is way off....the carb is the best place to start, then maybe the fuel line, petcock. If those are good check the hoses that connect the carb to the airbox and to the cylinder. Sucking too much air can cause the same problems as not having enough fuel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That was the problem that I was having wit the Kawaski 4x4 300. Everyone suggested that I clean the carb, but it was the torn diaphram valve that I believe is causing the problem. I will know for sure when I get a new one put on. HS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tore that son of a buck completely apart....which is a pain in the a$$ i might say.....cleaned carb put all back together.....ran perfect....for a while....then started doing the same thing....adjusted throttle cable....better....put in a new plug, but still sounds like there might be a timing issue?.....how do you time these suckers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts