Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a LM-2 and the RPM inductive clamp. I need to know what the RPM pulse is on are V-twins. Right now it's at whatever Innovates stock settings are. I think it's at like 05 or .5 then there is options to change the pulse to 1,2,or 3

I have the LM-2 hooked to my 665 right now and its telling me im redlining at 10,300 RPM this can't be right. So I figured I need to change the pulse. Thanks

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could really use some help here guys. Innovate is closed so I can't get through to them. I changed the pulse on the lm-2 to 2 or 2.5 cant remember and now it says my 665 is idling at 600 rpm's

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
would like to help, however dont even understand the question in the 1st place!!

Code:
 		I recently bought a LM-2 and the RPM inductive clamp.
understand that as a clamp to pick up on spark plug pulse,and inductive would mean works with a coil!!

Code:
I need to know what the RPM pulse is on are V-twins
have no idea what is meant hear!!

Code:
Right now it's at whatever Innovates stock settings are. I think it's at like 05 or .5 then there is options to change the pulse to 1,2,or 3
pls educate me !!

maybe others also dont understand the question

:D

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not even sure I understand either. I'll just wait for Innovate to get back in and I'll call there tech support. Thanks anyways guys.

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
Did you try the different settings until you find one that reads the max RPMs are close to 8500 rpms or less (if using a stock cdi)? That is what I would do.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I have a 665 with fst cams, custom Muzzy, Dyna CDI, and stage 2 spider VFJ clutch. I think my rev's are going to be higher then 8,500.

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
The Dyna (non-programmable) have a 9200 rev limiter on it. Even so, I seriously doubt that you will ever hit that rev limit...I never have and I have the FST 800 kit. Again, try different settings until you find the one that is around 8500 (give or take) and that should be the right one.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright I'll give that a try. I appreciate your info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts