Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning. Any of yall ever ran rear wheels for all 4 wheels? Is this even possible? Purchased a 2021 a few months back and evaluating mods. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I doubt that is possible

·
Registered
110 Posts
You'd have to watch that the tires are the same sizes as the OEM setup or it will tear up the diff and/or trans like having 2 different gear ratios at either end, Id think why not. Might be harder to steer and have some rubbing issues.

·
Registered
83 Posts
All 4 tires must be the same height. This is a rule of thumb for anything 4wd. If not then front tires and rear tires would go different speeds. Which will tear things up.

These machines have different tire widths front to rear. Worst case the wider tires would rub or catch on something up front.

I plan on buying a spare to take on trips soon. I will buy a narrow front tire size which I know can work on all 4 corners.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All 4 tires must be the same height. This is a rule of thumb for anything 4wd. If not then front tires and rear tires would go different speeds. Which will tear things up.

These machines have different tire widths front to rear. Worst case the wider tires would rub or catch on something up front.

I plan on buying a spare to take on trips soon. I will buy a narrow front tire size which I know can work on all 4 corners.
I'd be running all the same height. Just curious to know if the width makes a difference. Essentially going for a wider footprint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts