Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these front tires in the sand? I have heard that they are the best front sand tires.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't believe no one has heard of or tried these sandtires. This is just shocking :)

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Just about everyone in my group runs Sand Star fronts.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't stand my front Sand Stars. I was at Glamis last weekend and the sand was super soft and deep.The Sand Stars kept hooking up to much,especially on the transitions. I tried running 2psi all the way to 5psi and not much change. I put the stockers on the front and ran them at about 4psi and it handled much better. I rolled my quad for the 1st with the sandstars on a transition . They hooked up and the right front wheel dug in and I went sailing through the air and landed about 20' away.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
I ride strictly sand. I've been running my Sand Stars for over 5 years and love them.

If you don't like them, it can't hurt to try something else. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna have to try something different. I heard from a few people that the razorbacks were the best but I'm not buying anything until I hear from someone with a V that has used them.

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
post up a link to these tires.... please...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the linkhttp://www.sandtiresunlimited.com/sandtire1.html#rb

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can't stand my front Sand Stars. I was at Glamis last weekend and the sand was super soft and deep.The Sand Stars kept hooking up to much,especially on the transitions. I tried running 2psi all the way to 5psi and not much change. I put the stockers on the front and ran them at about 4psi and it handled much better. I rolled my quad for the 1st with the sandstars on a transition . They hooked up and the right front wheel dug in and I went sailing through the air and landed about 20' away.
I have sand stars also, I'm thinking about putting something else on, they just grab to hard and is dangerous, especially for my wife and its her quad. I think the weight and the traction is a bad combination

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Firedoger---You said you were at Glamis---Are you from So Ca

Kenny

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live in Phx. I'm heading to Gordons well this week. I just got a pair of Razorbacks and excited to give them a try. They are supposed to go on a 7" front rim but I decided to go for a 6" . Thats all I could find used. I spent hrs on the different forums ( ltr450, honda,yamaha, ) everyone raves about these front tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts