Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
In theory, you COULD replace that roller with a used one. I'd advise against it because you'd just be putting a band-aid on the problem. You need to replace the spider with a new one. While you're in there you should also check the weight pins and bushings, button clearance, and the bushings on the faceplate and moveable sheave.

·
Registered
136 Posts
How many miles on the clutch? If it has a lot of miles, I would replace the whole thing.

I know on my snowmobile, they recommend replacing the whole clutch because the spider takes so much torque to get it off and on it is prone to increased rates of failure. If you get a used spider it may already be compromised.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response. Quad has 3k miles on it. I'm mainly using it as a farm quad. I don't need high speeds but about anything over 30mph produces the stuck finger weight. Then i have to pull the cover and knock it out again.

How many miles on the clutch? If it has a lot of miles, I would replace the whole thing.

I know on my snowmobile, they recommend replacing the whole clutch because the spider takes so much torque to get it off and on it is prone to increased rates of failure. If you get a used spider it may already be compromised.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts