Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are your clutch sheaves, spring, weights, and the Dalton I did a face cut on underneath by the back of the bushing to .100. I also replaced the moveable sheave bushing and the two bolt guide hollow dowel pins and balanced them. Installed new shoes on this spider and set clearance. Non- rotationally balanced all the parts. Installed new belt after washing it in warm water. Cleaned sheaves with electro contact cleaner and wiped dry.

Auto part Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOl5IBE3SAo&feature=youtu.be

What can any of you tell me from this video. Did I miss or over look anything? I am trying to get it together for a ride when I get off hitch and I put it together with not much sleep.

Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
12,655 Posts
It was hard to see any details from a picture and video.
The belt looked a little tight in the picture; there wasn't any excess squealing in gear at an idle?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nah, it had spot on deflection on the tight side, within limits, but it's new and should stretch. I'm used to having another person, usually a tech, look for anything obvious before closing up as a safety precaution. Its how we negotiate fatigue and complacency. Thank you for your time Nova.

I should add, the balance work I did smoothed out alot of the vibration. I hardly even feel it running. That made me happy happy happy ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.