Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are your clutch sheaves, spring, weights, and the Dalton I did a face cut on underneath by the back of the bushing to .100. I also replaced the moveable sheave bushing and the two bolt guide hollow dowel pins and balanced them. Installed new shoes on this spider and set clearance. Non- rotationally balanced all the parts. Installed new belt after washing it in warm water. Cleaned sheaves with electro contact cleaner and wiped dry.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400246611.781115.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOl5IBE3SAo&feature=youtu.be

What can any of you tell me from this video. Did I miss or over look anything? I am trying to get it together for a ride when I get off hitch and I put it together with not much sleep.

Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
12,566 Posts
It was hard to see any details from a picture and video.
The belt looked a little tight in the picture; there wasn't any excess squealing in gear at an idle?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nah, it had spot on deflection on the tight side, within limits, but it's new and should stretch. I'm used to having another person, usually a tech, look for anything obvious before closing up as a safety precaution. Its how we negotiate fatigue and complacency. Thank you for your time Nova.

I should add, the balance work I did smoothed out alot of the vibration. I hardly even feel it running. That made me happy happy happy ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts