Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok am thinking of going from my kfx to a utility ATV don’t worry I am not switching teams just positions gona buy a brute force 750. Just have a few questions for any one who has had a kfx700 and made the switch to a brute. I love my kfx but after going to Hatfield and McCoy trails this summer and ridding 300 miles in a week. I am thinking I want something with IRS and a little more of a cushier ride. I beat the crap out of my self! I do 90% trail riding mostly rock, mud, and hills. If you could help me answer some ???? I have.

1 did you regret buying a brute?

2. How fast is it in compared to the kfx (not so much fast as short bursts thru the trails.)?

3.handling ?

4.thing you miss of the kfx?

5. Things you like over the KFX?

And any other info would help me out.
Thanks all.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I actually bought my 650I brute 1st. Then a few months got the KFX700. I love the brute and its a blast to ride and I'm a 4x4 fan but still prefer the KFX700. If I had to get rid of one I honestly thing I would miss the 700 most.

I don't have a brute 750i yet but will in a few weeks, I have a deposit on one right now.

OK as for your questions I do not regret buying the brute at all and don't regret buying the new one either...they each have a purpose even though I haven't been able to get the 700 stuck yet.

The 700 handles much better then the brute IMO but the brute has a much more plush ride and will not beat you up as much.

I like being able to carry extra stuff and people on my brute that i cannot do on the 700. The racks are nice. It's also nice to be able to go farther since it has a bigger fuel tank then the 700.

They both are probably pretty close top speed wise but the 700 i think is smoother and faster off the line. Seems to have a little more get up and go if you lay into it while at speed already but thats probably just cause it weighs less.

All in all you cannot go wrong with either machine but if I had to compromise some things then the kfx700 i would keep over the brute

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
I would say the big thing other than weight is that an irs machine won't slide like the kfx will. Have you given any thought to getting shocks for your kfx? I can not tell you what a difference they make.. you won't get anywhere near as beat up or tired once you ditch the stock shocks....

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess new shocks would make a deference , but dropping over 2K for shocks just seams crazy. I am sue they improve the ride but is it worth the money?

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
sell you my elka's for 1300 they are the best elka money can buy and they are my back up set

·
Registered
680 Posts
Keep the one you got and get a brute,its only money:p

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmmm I wonder if the wife would notice that I have 2? I could paint the brute blue marble she wouldn't notice then :lol:

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Keep the one you got and get a brute,its only money:p
Yea good deals on 09's right now...good enough to make me trade in and go EFI...WAHOO

i would stick to the 650i if i were you, efi isnt all its cracked up to be and the 650i is just as fast or faster.. my brothers stock 650i with a dynatek cdi will kill my buddys efi 750 with a pc3 for top speed.. pretty even up till 50mph then the 650 starts pulling away.. just my 2c

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
I guess new shocks would make a deference , but dropping over 2K for shocks just seams crazy. I am sue they improve the ride but is it worth the money?
I wouldn't spend over a grand on shocks.. you can get them on here all day for 4- 500 front and another 4-500 for a rear... I would try that.. worse case, you just turn around and sell the shocks for what you paid and then get a brute.. I am telling you for a fact.. you will not beleive the difference a good set of shocks makes.... I won't ride a stocker much now after getting used to how nice the aftermarket shocks are.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I have some money saved up for a std. bore kit so maybe I will save up some more and get shocks first. As far as used shocks for sale if I buy them do I need to send them off and get them revolved or what ever they do to make them set up for me and my weight. Or is that kind of bs.

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
If you ask folks, they will say get them set up for your weight and riding style.. but, in all honesty.. if you just bolt them on.. they will work just fine.. am I saying they wouldn't be better re-valved... no... but, have I ever got mine re-done when I bought em used... no.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts