Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok am thinking of going from my kfx to a utility ATV don’t worry I am not switching teams just positions gona buy a brute force 750. Just have a few questions for any one who has had a kfx700 and made the switch to a brute. I love my kfx but after going to Hatfield and McCoy trails this summer and ridding 300 miles in a week. I am thinking I want something with IRS and a little more of a cushier ride. I beat the crap out of my self! I do 90% trail riding mostly rock, mud, and hills. If you could help me answer some ???? I have.

1 did you regret buying a brute?

2. How fast is it in compared to the kfx (not so much fast as short bursts thru the trails.)?

3.handling ?

4.thing you miss of the kfx?

5. Things you like over the KFX?

And any other info would help me out.
Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Can't help with the KFX questions but on the Brute I can give some input.
What year are you looking at, New FI or a used unit, 05-07?
The models thru 07 have not so good handling, can be fixed.
The 08/09/10 BF750FI's have revised suspension, improved front end for better handling but for really serouis hard trail riding, all of the Brutes need aftermarket shocks, these will smooth out the ride and the improved handling at any speed and is like comparing apples to oranges. Get at least preload and rebound adjustable shocks and u don't have to buy a new full set, used units are available if you look around on the forums.
Install the Prothane Line 7/8" ($16) sway bar bushing upgrade, these are greaseable, they help reduce body roll and help the rear tires stay planted in the fast corners.
A Gibson Steering Stabilizer ($159,ebay for a Yamaha YFZ450) is a big plus, well worth the investment.
Junk the stock wheels, go with a set of the wider aftermarket wheels and a good traction tire, your choice on tires. I have found the Terra cross in the 26" size is excellent for fast trail riding, the Brute feels like it is riding on rails. Powerslides are easy too once you get use to the IRS.
Ricochet skid plates are the best, use atvmag25 in the Coupon block if you order from Ricochet.
Need more Power? Tons of stuff to make you grin ear to ear.

·
Registered
49 Posts
1 did you regret buying a brute? not a bit

2. How fast is it in compared to the kfx (not so much fast as short bursts thru the trails.)? dunno, but it runs with everything minus the Can Am 800s

3.handling ? 1-10, i give it an 7 1/2, not Rincon plush but not Polaris stiff for sure.

4.thing you miss of the kfx? didn't have one, had a friend that did. its kinda apples and oranges. You'll miss the sport quad but be happier with a sport ute, I like the brute better anyway.

5. Things you like over the KFX? IRS, 4X4, racks etc.

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
I strongly suggest that you test ride a BF750i and BF650sra BEFORE you decide. I have only spent a few minutes on IRS quads, but I couldn't seem to get over the unstable feeling of it, especially in high speed turns. IMO, the solid rear axle utes (like my old Prairie and like the new BF650sra) are MUCH more sporty feeling on the trails. Of course, the trade off is that the solid rear axle is much less comfy over the bumpy trails compared to the IRS quads (like BF750i).

Happy trails...:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts