Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #41
Polaris Touring is only 4 inches longer than the XP. Not exactly a stretch limo.
They are not for everyone.
I've had two and liked both of them. They have their plus and minuses.

They all break.

I have no plans of ever buying a Polaris.
I just wish some of the other companies were as innovative as they are.

When was the last time Kawasaki upgraded the BF? Other than a feedback system in 2016?

This 850 Touring was a lot of fun to ride.

Registered
They all break.

When was the last time Kawasaki upgraded the BF? Other than a feedback system in 2016?
How often, and how expensive they are when they do is the kicker.

I think Kawasaki is long overdue for something new.
Not only have they not upgraded lately, they quit offering the Candy Lime Green.馃槬

Registered
How often, and how expensive they are when they do is the kicker.

I think Kawasaki is long overdue for something new.
Not only have they not upgraded lately, they quit offering the Candy Lime Green.馃槬
The candy lime green is exactly the color that I wanted but when I went to buy they were sold out and they were so hard to get. So I settled on the camo. I dont hunt and dont really care for camo the inly reason I got the camo is because it has a matte finish to it so it will hide scratches. The white ones looks good but it would be trashed in a weekend up here with the coal mud because it stains everything.

Registered
Discussion Starter #44
I wanted a candy lime green too but they were all gone.
Its the only green I've ever cared for.
I don't like camo anything.
With the candy lime green gone my next choice was white but they were gone too.
I didn't like the black wheels on the white ones either. I prefer the polished aluminum.
Now you can get the wheels in any color you want as long as its black. Did they higher Henry Ford?
So I ended up with blue because its all they had and they only had two of them.
The 2015s were on their way and I needed one now for the Rocky Mountain Jamboree.
Jorgensen's Honda and the Forest Service offered to lend me an ATV but I wanted my own. ;)

This was the second day of the Jamboree the the only time I've ever had anther blue BF in the group.
This is the only jamboree I have ever attended because I really don't care to ride with large groups.

Registered
It does matter what color I buy! Its all covered in layers of mud 15min into the ride! LMAO!! Buddy had an old Outlander 2 seater (stretched, whatever you call it). That thing was a limo and a pain in the arse to pull out the mud!

Reactions: Swanny52

Registered
There is hope for green to come back. They offer the Kawasaki Green in the KRX1000, so maybe they'll pit it on an atv again.
I've always loved the green. On the motoX tracks, it always stood out among the crowd of reds, blues, and yellows.
I also really liked the 2017 SE flat graystone they did. That was really sharp in person. That would be my second choice.

Registered
I wanted a candy lime green too but they were all gone.
Its the only green I've ever cared for.
I don't like camo anything.
With the candy lime green gone my next choice was white but they were gone too.
I didn't like the black wheels on the white ones either. I prefer the polished aluminum.
Now you can get the wheels in any color you want as long as its black. Did they higher Henry Ford?
So I ended up with blue because its all they had and they only had two of them.
The 2015s were on their way and I needed one now for the Rocky Mountain Jamboree.
Jorgensen's Honda and the Forest Service offered to lend me an ATV but I wanted my own. ;)

This was the second day of the Jamboree the the only time I've ever had anther blue BF in the group.
This is the only jamboree I have ever attended because I really don't care to ride with large groups.
Im going to order the aluminum wheels that have the black on the inside. Partzilla has them. Im tired of my black wheels and never cared for them but I dont want the all aluminum wheels they look good with that black on the inside.

Reactions: rubiranch

Registered
Discussion Starter #48
Are the the same offset as OE wheels?
They look nice.

I'm fine with the wheels that came on mine.

A friend of mine gave me these OE wheels off of a 2008 BF.
These are my winter wheels and the factory wheels are for summer.

These work for me. No aftermarket wheels in my future.
All I do now is maint and repair. I just ordered a new park brake cable.

Registered
Are the the same offset as OE wheels?
They look nice.

I'm fine with the wheels that came on mine.

A friend of mine gave me these OE wheels off of a 2008 BF.
These are my winter wheels and the factory wheels are for summer.

These work for me. No aftermarket wheels in my future.
All I do now is maint and repair. I just ordered a new park brake cable.
They are oe wheels. I wont buy aftermarket wheels

Registered
Heres the wheels

Registered
Discussion Starter #51
They don't seem to be unreasonably priced either.

Registered
id buy another brute in a heart beat. i could care less if they change them.they are litterly the honda trx300 4x4 of the performance v twins. simple reliable n just work

Registered

Registered
id buy another brute in a heart beat. i could care less if they change them.they are litterly the honda trx300 4x4 of the performance v twins. simple reliable n just work
I dont see myself buying any other kind of quad and at this point I have enough in mine to buy two brutes. I can honestly say I couldn't be happier.

Registered
Give the brute 15 more HP better suspension and a little facelift and thats it. Mine rides great with the Elkas but I do miss the ground clearance of a Can Am. Never had a Polaris so can't comment on them, but our group is a couple a brutes the rest Outlanders. The Outlanders do need more maintenance and doing the maintenance is more of a pain no doubt. But none have been towed out and they ride fantanstic, my buddy just bought a 2020 850 and the power and handling of that thing is unreal.

Registered
Discussion Starter #56
If I ever buy a new ATV I will seriously look at Can Am.
Not because I'm not happy with mine.

Registered
I鈥檓 actually considering selling mine for a new-old-stock 2019-2020 Renegade 850 or BF750. With the market like it is in NC for used quads, the upgrades I have, and the fact that it isn鈥檛 a swamped out POS, I could probably get $4500-5000 right now during riding season.

I missed a NOS 2019 BF750 EPS earlier this summer that sold for $6k from a dealer near Charlotte which is only 2.5 hours away. I kick myself every time I think about it for not jumping on it.

Registered
Damn $6000 is crazy! There are a few here or there in WI that can be had for $7500 but nothing close to $6000
Yea 6 grand is pretty good. Wish they sold for that up here in pennsylvania.

Registered
Brute needs a face lift, more HP, and better suspension to compete with polaris and can am. The only things it has over the other brands are weight, reliability and its easy to work on but it needs to be a 80+ hp machine to even have a chance. Bump to a 800 or 850 with little bigger cams and you would have that 80hp number.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts