Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the boards and have a question. I just picked up my first 88 T4 and I am pretty pumped. I have been wanting a T4 for some time now. This is not my first Tecate as I own a 84 T3. I am looking for a service manual. I have searched the forums and see they are out there, but is there a different manual for the 87 and 88 or does one service manual cover both.

Thanks
Joel

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
One manual covers both 87 & 88.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
How much differance between the 87 and 88. Thanks guys. I can't wait to start rebuilding

Not much, the 87's had straight a-arms, the rear shock reservoir was on the frame left of the motor

The 88's had bent lower a-arms and the rear shock reservoir was on the left side of the sub frame, the front shocks were also a little better on the 88's

I may be missing some thing, if so some one else will let us know :D

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
You will get lots of help and info here.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well, heck, that sucks for me,...

Owners Manual, keep looking and you will come across a service manual - think I bought mine on ebay for $25 each.
Kawaski 1987 KXF250 KXF 250 Tecate 4 New Owners Manual : eBay Motors (item 120503367777 end time Feb-05-10 09:33:45 PST)
You can get the manuals for free on my website just download and print...:D

I haven't done ANYTHING with the website since moving back from Australia - :cool: when I get some free time I will update and add pics of new projects.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
T4 pdf

Thanks, I really need to take some time and update the website... I have allot of info and tech stuff I want to put out there for fellow Tecate enthusiast....

I fixed the bad link :D Ready for download!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.