Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mule Pro-MX EPS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here. First post, so if there's not something messed up with it, that would be a miracle. Sorry it's so long.

Probably a stupid question, but have only had the Mule for a bit less than a year. 50 hours so far and love it. Exactly what we needed to assist with property maintenance. First 4 wheeler/UTV type thing I've owned. Have ridden some before but so far as owning and maintaining, much more experience with farm/landscaping type equipment. No real problem with it and have been doing the maintenance, but unlike tractors and other farm equipment the owner manual seems to be written with the perspective that the dealer is going to be doing a lot of the routine maintenance on this machine, which strikes me as pretty odd. I know there's a time to call a dealer, but take it to the dealer at 50 hours just to pull the CVT cover to check the belt? Really??

That, of course, got me to thinking about a Work Shop/Service Manual for it and best place to source it. For example, I also have a Kubota L4701 that arrived at the stable a bit before the Mule. Came with OM, but no WSM. Dealer gets $140 for WSM and takes 4 weeks to get it. PDF downloads range from around $50 to $0. I chose $0 and had the 600+ page manual in about 10 minutes. Once in a while I might have to print a couple of pages to keep the computer out of the danger zone but it also means I don't have to be concerned about those pages getting greasy/damaged.

So far for the 2021 Mule Pro MX EPS I've found the part number for the Service Manual is 9924-1544-02, which covers 2019 - 2021 for the KAF700 A/B/C/D. (Mine is a KAF700B.)

I can order it from Kawasaki for $91.95 MULE PRO-MX™ (EPS) Service Manual, KAF700A/B/C/D | Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A..

I can order it as a pdf download from Service Manual Warehouse for $24.95. Kawasaki 2019 Mule Pro-MX EPS LE Service Manual. PDF download is fine with me. Have seen mixed reviews on them. Seems like about 80% are happy and have their manual within a few minutes. The rest had their money taken but never got the manual. The way reviews are now, how many are real, I don't know and I have no experience with them, so I'm not saying good or bad about them.

Only other places I've seen are places such as Ebay, Craiglist type stuff where folks are attempting to sell a $91.95 manual for $91.95 or more. I'll just order it from Kawasaki and get a shiny new one if I'm paying full price.

So that kind of led me to the real question, which is what's the best source for a Service Manual? Somewhere better I'm missing? Good/bad about Service Manual Warehouse? Quit being so dang cheap and pony up the $91.95 for a manual I know I'll actually receive?

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got the 24.95 download. That was a waist of money. Then I ordered the one from Kawasaki. The one from Kawasaki is a good manual. The only bad thing is its not covered. The pages are glued,but no cover

1 - 6 of 6 Posts