Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to home depot and got 4mm washers,the washer went all the way to the bottom of the needle. I think there is a difference in 4mm washer and #4 machine screw washers. when you put the #4 washer on the needle does drop all the way to the bottom of the needle or does it stop alittle off the bottom. Getting a muzzy wed and would like it set up before then. on the pic on how to shim the needle the washer isn't all the way down the needle thats why I think I screwed up. Hopefully i will get feedback by today so I can hit the store and put the correct one in if its not correct

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
They're not 4mm---They are #4---Tiny washers---Our Home Depot doesn't have them---#6 is the smallest---That's the only place in our town---Had to order mine---Most of the guys said they found them in Lowes--It should slide all the way to the end.

Kenny

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I quess I'll have to hit lowes tommorow,I thought they were bigger than the ones in the picture, thanks for the fast reply. But the picture the washer doesn't look like it goes to the bottom?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I quess I'll have to hit lowes tommorow,I thought they were bigger than the ones in the picture, thanks for the fast reply. But the picture the washer doesn't look like it goes to the bottom?
What pic are you referring to

Kenny

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
on the 700v.com they show you how to shim the needles. i don't know how to insert the web page here but if you type that in the address bar you'll see the page and go to shim the needles. I hope that helps, the post above has the address I figured it out

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I see what you are saying----It's the angle he's holding the needle at---The washer has slipped down a little----Think about it---If the washer is to hold the needle a little bit out allowing more fuel---Imagine what you'd have with the washer way up there:p:p----The washer will slide back to the end as he inserts it

Kenny

·
Registered
303 Posts
The #4 washer will slide all the way down to the end of the needle. Sometimes it just "snags up" on the needle where the lettering is. Just gently push the washer past the lettering so it sits against the flat part of the needle.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
They're not 4mm---They are #4---Tiny washers---Our Home Depot doesn't have them---#6 is the smallest---That's the only place in our town---Had to order mine---Most of the guys said they found them in Lowes--It should slide all the way to the end.

Kenny
Where did you order your #4 washers from?

·
Registered
478 Posts

Kenny
just go to a RC car shop. they got them.:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
justed picked them up at lowes, they have a whole draw full of them $1.15 for 5 of them out the door. will be putting them in tonight. Can't wait till tommorow night and put the pipe on.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts

Kenny
just go to a RC car shop. they got them.:D

EHS Racing---They are a sponsor here at KR---I was ordering jets and pilots so I got them too----$2.00 each he charged me for them---Guess that's why my V is backfiring---Washers are too rich for the needles:p:p

Kenny

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I got another question on the shimming issue. Awhile back I had a thread that told me to mic out the washers to .04. I was doing a little fine tuning today and when I measured the washers they were barely .02. So what I'm asking is should it be two #4 washers per needle or just two washers, one per needle?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I believe my $2 each ones were .025 with one on each needle.

Kenny

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dang, I paid $1.10 for 8 of them at the local hardware store. If you need anymore I'll sell em to ya for $1 each.:D

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
:(:p:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::p:p

Kenny

1 - 17 of 17 Posts