Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just shipped the 24" paddles I was selling and shipping was $56, which is not that bad considering the size, this is USPS parcel post. I wanted her to ship them UPS or Fedex because of their much better tracking systembut they wanted $104/$106 for ground shipping:eek:...she went to a qwik, pack and ship store, don't know if it makes a difference. Who do you guys ship with?

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
I have always used USPS. Cheapest place I have found but like you said they dont have the best tracking system.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
In my area there is a difference in price between postal connections and going straight to the post office. If you print your label on line at usps.com its a little bit cheaper than going to the post office.

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd have to look into that Enigma. I know ahe was charged and extra $20 just because they weren't in boxes, just plastic wrapped.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Lately, FedEx has been cheaper for me on tires. I just shrink wrap them like you did. No surcharge for no box at FedEx. Little stuff always seems cheaper USPS.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Print your label online, it will save you money plus you get free delivery confirmation.

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll definitely do that next time, thanks for the tip guys.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I have always used ups for my tires.The last set I shipped was a set of 22 inch realtors that weighed in at 54 lbs. they were in a box and it cost about $15.00 to ship them to Mass.I already shipped a set of stock rear wheels with 22 inch swampfoxes on them to south dakota for $24.00

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I always ship with them just plastic wrapped. I've never been charged for no box with USPS.

Must have been a thing with the pack-n-ship store.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
I ship ups through local plumbing supply house. The ship based on weight and I also get a 40-60% discount because of the volume of stuff they ship.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I have found FedEx to ALWAYS be considerably cheaper than any of the other options when I have shipped tires.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
He rides a DS

probably best to stay away from Fedex

:p

·
Premium Member
6,975 Posts
"UPS STORES" aren't realy UPS at all. They are taught to rip you off without knowing it. I shipped Madness some handlebars. I took it to UPS and after measuring the box (trianglular tube bent to fit the bars) they detirmeind it was "an odd sized" container and quoted me $34 to ship it from VA to VA:mad: I then took it to USPS and it was less than $15. UPS online quoted me 30 some dollars to ship an RC truck to Canada. UPS Store wanted $60 something. USPS was mid 30's. When I had a UPS account, UPS was the way to ship. But if you go to "THE UPS STORE' prepare to bend over and take it. I was there earlier this week just dropping off pre payed packages (which they cannot charge you anything for:p) and a guy there was shipping a suitecase. The guy quoted him $178 dollars. I told him it would be cheaper to buy his suitecase a first class Grey Hound ticket.

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
When I shipped some 25" paddles, I let the air out and put them in a box and shipped UPS. Because here they charge if they are not in a box. Anyway I think it ended up costing me around $28 with insurance on them.

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have always used ups for my tires.The last set I shipped was a set of 22 inch realtors that weighed in at 54 lbs. they were in a box and it cost about $15.00 to ship them to Mass.I already shipped a set of stock rear wheels with 22 inch swampfoxes on them to south dakota for $24.00

Do you have an account with them? That seems way to cheap. How long ago was that?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts