Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Shipping big tires?

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  PIPO 
#1 ·
My wife just shipped the 24" paddles I was selling and shipping was $56, which is not that bad considering the size, this is USPS parcel post. I wanted her to ship them UPS or Fedex because of their much better tracking systembut they wanted $104/$106 for ground shipping:eek:...she went to a qwik, pack and ship store, don't know if it makes a difference. Who do you guys ship with?

#8 ·
I have always used ups for my tires.The last set I shipped was a set of 22 inch realtors that weighed in at 54 lbs. they were in a box and it cost about $15.00 to ship them to Mass.I already shipped a set of stock rear wheels with 22 inch swampfoxes on them to south dakota for $24.00

#11 ·
I have found FedEx to ALWAYS be considerably cheaper than any of the other options when I have shipped tires.

#13 ·
He rides a DS

probably best to stay away from Fedex

:p

#16 ·
"UPS STORES" aren't realy UPS at all. They are taught to rip you off without knowing it. I shipped Madness some handlebars. I took it to UPS and after measuring the box (trianglular tube bent to fit the bars) they detirmeind it was "an odd sized" container and quoted me $34 to ship it from VA to VA:mad: I then took it to USPS and it was less than $15. UPS online quoted me 30 some dollars to ship an RC truck to Canada. UPS Store wanted $60 something. USPS was mid 30's. When I had a UPS account, UPS was the way to ship. But if you go to "THE UPS STORE' prepare to bend over and take it. I was there earlier this week just dropping off pre payed packages (which they cannot charge you anything for:p) and a guy there was shipping a suitecase. The guy quoted him $178 dollars. I told him it would be cheaper to buy his suitecase a first class Grey Hound ticket.

#22 ·
:eek: UPS is usually the highest!

#23 · (Edited)
Look at the prices people are paying to ship with UPS...cheap as heck compare to me :mad:. I wanted to go with USPS but after opening an account with them I noticed they don't offer parcel post shipping online, only priority and express mail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.