Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to vent about shipping it sucks :mad:

I just sent some cams out in a flat rate box USPS and it cost $16.00 to send to Arizona and thats in an 8 dollar flate rate box how is that?:mad:

I also sent out some pegs it cost 18 bucks snail mail to Washington that is ridiculous :mad:

How could it cost more 3 dollars more to be exact to send out a couple of cams in a flat rate box than it cost to send a 25 in extreme mounted on a a rim?????:mad:

Well anyway just had to vent a bit shipping really really sucks :mad:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I agree, shipping has gotten so ridiculous, that it is no longer profitable to buy and sell parts....I used to scan ebay and various websites for deals....maybe I used the part, maybe I didn't, but I figured I could sell the stuff if I didn't need it....now I don't buy unless I really need something. I only have a few things left....plus its nice to have the garage space!

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it is absolutely crazy I mean come on 2 cams 16.00 bucks :mad: still burning my AZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I shipped 2 clutch springs thru UPS because the post office is closed when I get off work. Sold them for 40 bux and it cost me 19 to ship to mich. Wtf?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
i bought a durablue axle cost me $180 to send thru ups to here then bought another axle for my other V 3 weeks later and it cost me $68 thru usps its a farkd up system

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
You guys have no idea... well maybe Troy, but....... try having to cross the border every time. :pissed: It's ridiculous. I could buy a part for 20 bucks, prepay for shipping, then when it lands here have to pay another fee that's worth half the part.

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I bet it is all a big hassel for sure

I am going to start being real careful I am losing money left and right

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Tires is a big one for me. They charge extra for not been boxed up (additional handling).

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Dawg, if you used a Small Flat Rate Box and it was under 4 pounds, you got took. The problem with the Small Flat Rate Boxes is that they have weight restrictions.

They also raised postage fees recently to help curb their yearly losses.

This is what happens when the Government runs a program that looses Billions every year. Can't WAIT untill they start running our Health Care too.:huh:

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
From what I read, they are pushing hard for no Saturday mail .....

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
I was just watching this on the news.

Not only are they talking about not delivering on Sat., they are also talking about more rate increases. This is all due to Employee Pay and Pension Plans.

They keep raising rates and every time they do, they loose more money. When will the Government learn? :huh::mad:

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dawg, if you used a Small Flat Rate Box and it was under 4 pounds, you got took. The problem with the Small Flat Rate Boxes is that they have weight restrictions.

They also raised postage fees recently to help curb their yearly losses.

This is what happens when the Government runs a program that looses Billions every year. Can't WAIT untill they start running our Health Care too.:huh:

I did not use a flat rate box for the pegs maybe I should have

I would imagine it was over 4 pounds though

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
They probably wouldn't have fitted in a Small PM Box. The Small boxes are only like an Inch and 5/8 thick.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have been shipping alot lately and have been using flat rate box or flat rate envelopes. Been $8 the last three things I have shipped. Also shipped a belt cover for $10 dollars the other day.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
If you are going to ship a lot of items, this website is a Must. It will save you some money.

USPS - Calculate Postage

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Its amazing the variation in shipping for different locations. Getting stuff shipped to me is alot more then me shipping something from here. I notice that different people charge you different on your shipping. There is this guy that does most all of my shipping and its always pretty cheap considering. If the woman waits on me it always seems higher then its supposed to be.:confused:

I just shipped a XJ sub box to someone over at the Jeep forum, There was a trim piece I taped to the top of it and there was no way it should have came off, But it did. It got lost in shipping. I put three rows of tape over that mother and layered it 4 times or so each row:eek: Anyhow I had insurance on it and filed a claim online. Lets see just how that goes:mad:

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Tell me about it Dawg...

I am at USPS each and every day..The last month I have spent at least $300-$400 there.

Some stuff is outrageous, some is fair. I don't understand it. :confused:

I shipped some 26" tires and wheels to Texas they were 58lbs. Costs me $29..not too bad.

·
Premium Member
6,975 Posts
I just wanted to vent about shipping it sucks :mad:

I just sent some cams out in a flat rate box USPS and it cost $16.00 to send to Arizona and thats in an 8 dollar flate rate box how is that?:mad:

I also sent out some pegs it cost 18 bucks snail mail to Washington that is ridiculous :mad:

How could it cost more 3 dollars more to be exact to send out a couple of cams in a flat rate box than it cost to send a 25 in extreme mounted on a a rim?????:mad:

Well anyway just had to vent a bit shipping really really sucks :mad:
That is thanks to your wonderful Northern Virgina location, Dawg. It might as well be it's own state (wouldn't that be nice for the rest of us Virginians:yeehawi:) It only cost me $35 to send a nitro R/C truck and alot of extras to the middle of BFE Canada. And that is only cause it would not fit safely in a flat rate box.

Pay cash??? Yep, you got taken. Two cams to Cali, from here....$4.95.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts