Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be putting some new tires on here in a few weeks and was wondering what size i should get my currents tires are 25x10-12 and 25x8-12's i was told by vforcejohn to not go over 26's since my little 360 don't have allot of power. so my question is some of the tires i like they don't have in the exact widths as my current tires. so can i say put a 26x11 or 12 for the rear instead of a 25x10.oh I'm liking the executioners any other tires i should consider i will probably be doing allot of trail riding with some mudding so any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
For me I'd personally be happier with 25x10x12 & 25x8x12 especially for a 360cc quad. 26" would be max, but probably not ideal. PLUS 1-extra inch probably isnt going to do all that much for you (in that light it may not hurt you much either). Most important thing is that you choose a tire that is lightweight. Weight will hurt (or help) you the most. If you could find a 26" tire that is lighter than the tires you are running now.... that'd be good!

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have a Prairie 360 and put on Kenda Bear Claws 26x9x12 on the front and 26x12x12 on the back. So far they are great way better tire then the stocks! The stock tires IMO were junk they weren't good in any type of dirt. These Bear Claws are good in mud good in snow and hard packed trails and they ride nice and smooth. Hills that the Prairie couldn't get up because it would just spin it will walk up now. Places it was so muddy we would have to pull it out l can now stop in it and just get right out. They didn't effect the top end like l thought they would top end is the same as always. Plus you gain some more ground clearance which you will notice as soon as you sit on it. Hope this helps later Mike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks mike im liking these tires there kind of and all terrain tire

GBC Dirt Tamer

and they are very light does anyone know anything about these. Can someone explain a the difference between a bias and a radial tire thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
im running 26 x10 and 26 x12 mudlite xl's on mine they do pretty good.they wear good to

·
Registered
223 Posts
I put Swamp lites on the wife's 360 and it really helped the quad out overall. I like the looks and the ride A LOT MORE now than I did. I am running 9's in the front and 10's in the rear on SS 108's. They ride well in all situations.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine are on stock rims. My 26x9x12's don't rub at all on the front. Here are the bearclaws before they were mounted. Sorry l don't have any good pic's of them on the Dog yet. Also the bear claws are one of the cheapest tires to buy on the market.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey ziggy do you have a winch on yours? when i turn my front wheels all the way to the left my tire only has about 2-3 inches from my winch thats not even with the springs compressed

·
Registered
294 Posts
mine are on stock rims i have a lift on it i have no clearance problems

·
Registered
402 Posts
My nephew runs 27x11x14 Mudlites with ss212 rims on all four corners with a 2in lift and spacers on his '09 360 4x4.He can follow us Brutes everywhere we go.I was very impressed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes it does have a winch on it. It's a 2000# champion and no l don't have a lift it's stock.

·
Registered
402 Posts
so whats a better tire bias or radial how are the maxxis zillas anybody know
I have 28x11x14 Zillas on my brute and my rhino.I love 'em.Best tire I've ever used.IMO.Smooth ride and great traction.Good luck getting them....6 week backorder right now....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok ziggy i think you persuaded me im going to get the bear claws ......i think. i done alot of research on them and i didnt find anything bad about them so thanks for the help;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts