Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running the 25X12X10 in a 12 paddle? It sounds like a lot of tire but it's was recommended to me. I'm currently running the 24X11X10 in a 10 paddle but they are getting worn, damn pavement at Egin:D I'm thinking that the bigger tire should be better for nitrous but I don't don't want to kill any power on motor either. Can a good working 800 pull the bigger tire? thanks Dan

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Those 800's were easily pulling the 26" sandblasters. That's a lot more tire than the 25" skats.

·
Premium Member
6,975 Posts
I think 25's would be fine, but let me tell you this. I rode 24"x11x10 9 paddles and 25"x12x9 10 paddles. The 25's were faster tires, but the 24's were funner tires. The 24's were on a wider wheel and floated better, letting me slide around much better than the 25's. But the 25" were hands down better for drags and hill climbing. Of coarse his was on a little ol 730. you 785 should pull even better.

Oh and Skat Trak sells paddle tires with a lugged center just for those that ride across pavement and ocasional dirt while out on the dunes. They are called hawks and I think they can do it with any paddle

They look like this :tup:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think 25's would be fine, but let me tell you this. I rode 24"x11x10 9 paddles and 25"x12x9 10 paddles. The 25's were faster tires, but the 24's were funner tires. The 24's were on a wider wheel and floated better, letting me slide around much better than the 25's. But the 25" were hands down better for drags and hill climbing. Of coarse his was on a little ol 730. you 785 should pull even better.

Oh and Skat Trak sells paddle tires with a lugged center just for those that ride across pavement and ocasional dirt while out on the dunes. They are called hawks and I think they can do it with any paddle

They look like this :tup:
I noticed those on Skat Trac's site and thought they would be good for that pavement at the Egin lake campground but I also thought that might not be as good for drag racing and it would add a bit of weight as well, Not sure. I've never heard of these Sandblasters, would they be a better drag tire than the 25, 12 paddle Extreme?

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
About 90% of all motor bikes only need the blaster ones......twos are a lot of tire

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
If you go sand blasters get the compition cut and 1's. Big kev can save a few bucks if you go that route.
They can even do a stagger cut on them for more top end.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
The comp cuts on 10x10 blue label are like 18-19 lbs. Skats are about the same unless you go super light and they are 15-16 lbs.

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
I love the 26" sand blasters. Trust me....they are super light.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
I would think with the 785 you would have all the power in the world for 25" 12-paddle Extremes. I just have a stock motor with bolt-ons and the last time I went to the dunes I ran some 25x12-10 10-paddle Extremes on 10x11 wheels and at this point I like them a LOT better than the 24x11-10 8-paddle Extremes that I have. The 24's will be used on my orange V now.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm running the 24" extremes on mine with a stock motor with just bolt on mods. I noticed on some of the big hills at glamis or gordinswell it would really start to bog down toward the top of the hill. The sand there is deep and powder and eats up alot of power. I almost got beat by a 12 year old kid on a stock susuki 400 going up highway hill at gordinswell ( dam embarrasing ). The 24's work well in most stuff but I loose power on the big hills. I'm full throttle from almost take off.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I guess the question is..............what tire will work better for hill draggin? The Sand Blasters or the 25, 12 paddle Extremes? The Sand Blasters are like a 16 paddle tire, which sounds like a lot to me? Maybe a guy should try a 14 paddle-25 Extreme? Has anyone tryed that? thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
The paddles on the blasters are not as ridged as the extremes. They will fold over easier so its not like a 16 paddle extreme.

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
I have tried all sorts of paddles... I didn't do any hill shooting though.. had 3 different sets of 25 in skats... a setof 7 paddle rippers, 14 paddle straights, and 16 pld staggers.... the staggers rocked.... but, with my swinger... a +10, both sets of blasters have been the best... and my blaster ones were about 2 lbs lighter than any of the extremese I had...

Like I said before... blaster 2's are to much tire for an all motor bike though... go with the ones..

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Go blasters for dragging. I am going 25x12x10 12 paddle extreme regular buff on a 10x11 wheel as a duner tire. I am big and heavy though that's why I went up on paddles

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Dan... go 26" Blasters. #1's for motor... #2's if you're gonna being spraying all the time.

I have #2's. They are 18lbs each with wheels.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
yep go with the Blasters

lmao, since were showing our junk

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Has anyone tried the 14 paddle 25 Extremes? Those Sandblasters look good but I spend a lot of time just rippin around dunin and they look like a lot of tire especially when I'm not on juice. I don't run nitrous that often just for the odd race. I still want to be able to go over Choke likes it's free, on motor. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm not sure I'll be able to pull those Blasters on motor as well as the Extremes. I really loved my 24, 10 paddle Extremes but they're not enough tire anymore since I did a lot more porting and went to the Muzzy. I just don't know what to do. They told me I have to order 3 months in advance to get 25, 14 paddle in the light weight cut and we are planning a trip in early may so I want them in plenty of time. I have to make sure I have them for the Kawie trip as well!:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts