Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 bayou 300 4x4 with a slipping clutch, is there an adjustment anywhere or do I need to rebuild-replace clutch? I am not complaining, this bike has been ridden hard and put up wet, and has lasted a long time with no additional upkeep except a couple of front end boots. I just do not know much about the mechanical stuff on a Kawasaki. Is it a major ordeal putting in a clutch or can I get a clutch rebuild kit and just repair it. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for all the input guys, I run regular trop artic 10-30w in it. Last year the boys were riding and it almost ran completely out of oil, they did not turn it over, just went muddin', it rattles something awful but still runs like a top. We filled the oil back up and it hasn't lost any since last june( I don't have a clue where it went when it lost it as it it still full now) the clutch slips and I figure it got burnt or glazed( I don't know anything about what they are like inside, didn't know if they had discs and plates or what). Like I said before, this machine has been almost indestructible ( I paid 900 for it 4 years ago) my son ( now 20) has tried to tear it up for 4 years. I will look at the adjustments you guys sent. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i know this is an old post but i might be able to help you. pull the clutch release cover off and there will be 2 adjustment screws. Break the top adjustment nut loose and turn the screw counter clockwise just until it has a little pressure against it then tighten the nut back up while holding the screw. Dont mess with the bottom screw. It shouldnt slip then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts