Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I was wanting to do some small mods to my KFX 700 but I didn't want to go to the extreme. I was thinking about a slip-on pipe with maybe a 6 hole mod to the airbox. I was wondering if anyone had an idea on what size jets to start with, or if it would even be worth it to try these mods. I'm not a real big racer I'm just looking for a little more out of my bike. Any help woulds be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Not really one to give MOD advice anymore but you don't need to be a racer to enjoy a MOD or two on your KFX.

IMO I wouldn't waste my time with a slip-on as "I think" you can MOD the stock muffler and get the same results without spending. The 12 hole MOD is free and I'm not sure if a gain is obtainable without modding the exhaust.

Save your monies and get a clutch MOD from VFJ as thats the most bang for the buck. Or if that ain't your bag at least just upgrade the primary spring, and VFJ may sell something for a stock machine in the springs he does. If not Dalton definitely does and it's the BLUE......

Good luck

·
Registered
2,369 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey Kenny, you're handing out that newbie mod link like you're a drug dealer! "These are free or cheap samples of what the V has to offer." That's how ya hook us! Then the money comes out for the BBK's, nitrous, and turbos. They always pay! (I'm hooked!) Lol

·
Registered
693 Posts
IMO:

The spark plug mod, and timing advance were the best mods that i found on the cheap.

Keep an eye out in the classifieds for a decent full exhaust system. My brother did the 12 hole mode with a "modded" stock pipe.. sounded terrible.. and backfired like crazy, but it worked..

If you cant afford the clutch work at least upgrade your spring. makes a world of difference!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey Killa...little mods by themselves don't do a lot , but together they do! slip-on exhaust, 6* timing key, holes in airbox lid and re-jet ( for every 2 one inch holes= +3 jet sizes, should get you close). Those mods together will give you a nice boost. 6 holes = 148-152 main and 42 pilot. Remember...more fuel and air = more power and more fun!:D enjoy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts